Borrow, Renew, Return, REPEAT!
Steps to getting the most out of your card
Get all the apps and find great stuff!
Grab Library apps from the Google Play Store for Android devices or the App Store for iOS.
We've got apps for tracking your library account, downloading eBooks and audiobooks, reading magazines, streaming video, and more!
Enjoy everything your card unlocks!
Attend programs and events.
Read eBooks, download audiobooks, and stream videos and music, all from the comfort of your couch.
Check out seeds from the Seed Library, visit a museum for free with a Culture Pass, use one of our many meeting rooms, or join a book club.
Learn and make your dreams come true!
We've got learning tools, all for free! Learn a language, sharpen your computer skills, or take a practice test.
Get your high school diploma, find a job, take GED/HSE classes, get Homework Help, attend English classes.
You can also do research or indulge your curiosity on all kinds of topics in the E-Library.
Get the MyPCPL app, now with mobile checkout! Items go instantly on your account. See due dates or renew as needed.
You can also find and rate titles, place holds, renew, create lists, and use the app to find libraries and hours.
Become an expert
Get on the waiting list
You can have 20 physical items on hold at one time to be delivered to any of our libraries for pickup. The 20 includes any paused holds. Digital titles that you download and stream do not count toward that 20. Those are all extra!
Set up your account
FAQs about your card
Library Card FAQs
You can place up to 20 items on hold at a time.
- Learn about suspending or pausing your holds
- Learn more about managing your holds
You can borrow up to 50 items at a time, including up to 15 DVDs, with a full-service card.
If you have a limited card, you will only be able to check out 2 items.
Items check out for 3 weeks (21 days).
You can also borrow other items with your card that don't count against the 50-item limit. These bonus items include:
See everything you can download & stream.
Sign in to your account by clicking Log In / My PCPL in the upper right corner of the website.
- If it's your first time logging in, you’ll need to register your account and create a username. Why do I have to register?
Click My Account to see a menu of options for your account. Here is how you can view your borrowing information. Click the links under My Borrowing (Checked Out, On Hold, Borrowing History) to view those items.
At this time, Borrowing History does not contain the e-books, downloadable audiobooks, streaming films, or downloadable songs you borrow since those are managed by separate systems such as OverDrive, Hoopla, IndieFlix, and Freegal.
- On the OverDrive website.
- In the Libby app.
- In Hoopla, you will login, then go to the "My Hoopla" menu at the top, then select History.
Your email address is required if you ever need to reset your PIN.
To change your email address
- If you have not already done so, log in to your account.
- Click on your username in the upper right, then from the drop-down menu, select the My Settings link.
- Under Account Information, you’ll see Email Address: Update your email address – click on Change.
- In the Email field, delete the current email address and enter the new one you want to use.
- Click the Save Changes button.
- Once you have entered a new address, a confirmation email will be sent to you. Your change will take effect only after you have responded to the confirmation message.
Note: An email address is not required when you register. However, you cannot erase an existing address and leave the field blank.
Apply for a Library Card online
Get a library card in person:
Come in to any library with your photo I.D. If your I.D. doesn't have your current address, bring along a piece of mail or a legal document with your name and current address on it. There are no forms for you to fill out. We enter information directly from your I.D.
If you're under 18, it's best to come in with your parent or legal guardian. If that's not possible, we can give you a library card, but you will be limited on the number of items you can check out until your parent or guardian can come in with you.
Once you have your card, learn what you can do with it!