For all positions other than those listed below:
The Library is a department of Pima County. Job information is available on the Pima County Human Resources website or call the job line at 724-8028.
Pima County accepts applications through an online system. Each applicant must create a profile in order to apply to open positions by going to the Pima County Human Resources Employment Opportunities page. There you will find complete instructions for creating a profile and applying for a job.
Summer Youth Program
If you are 14–21, you may be eligible for the Summer Youth Program to be a teen summer intern for a 5-week period. Summer job opportunities are posted in February.
The Library Intern program is a 16-week (or 300 hours) program for 16 and older. Library interns are paid at Library Page rate, and if successfully completed, you may be recommended for a Library Page position.
If you 16 or older, you can apply to be a Library Page.
For all other jobs at the Pima County Public Library, you need to be at least 18 years old. To apply for anything other than Library Page, you will use the Pima County Human Resources website.
Apply to be a Library Intern or Library Page
You must have proof of vaccination against COVID-19 to apply for either position.
If you'd like to start working at the library as a Library Intern or Library Page, follow these steps:
- Contact the library location where you want to work to ask if they are hiring.
- Fill out the Pima County Employment Application and create a resume (you can even get help at the library with this!).
Send application and resume to Pima County One Stop using one of these methods:
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (for adults and youth), or
- dropped off at the Pima County One Stop at 320 N Commerce Park Loop, 2nd Floor, or
- faxed to (520) 770-4134
- In-school youth must send their last report card along with their application and resume.
- Schedule a two-hour Mandatory Employability Skills Session by calling One Stop at (520) 724-9649.
- After you have sent your application and resume in, contact the specific library location where you want to work. Let them know that you submitted everything to Pima County One Stop.
What happens after you apply
The library will review your application and may contact you for an interview. If you are successful and the library decides to place you, One Stop will contact you. You will get instructions on how you will start your new internship or job at the library.