We’re Pima County Public Library.
For more than 100 years, we have been here for people just like you. Today, in our libraries, online, or out in the community, our dedicated staff and volunteers are always looking ahead to help you find what you’re looking for. Every day we’re making our mission a reality by educating and connecting people and inspiring ideas.
Community Relations Manager
Facts & Figures
Director: Amber Mathewson
Administration Contact: 101 N. Stone Ave., Tucson, Ariz. 85701
First Library: The Carnegie Free Library, founded in 1883
Total Staff: 503
Population Served: 996,554
Library Cardholders: 372,952
Collection: 1.2 million items
Fiscal Year 2015-2016
Visitors: 5.4 million
Physical Checkouts: 5.2 million items
Digital Downloads: 938,634 eBooks, audiobooks, music, and magazines
Website Visits: 8.3 million
How Valuable is Your Library?
Library Value Calculator
Awards & Honors
- 2016 Movers & Shakers: Community Builders - Karen Greene
- 2016 AzLA Service Award: Sharon G. Womack Outstanding Library Technician Award - Rebecca Bommersbach
- 2016 AzLA Service Award: Outstanding Library Services - Susannah Connor
- 2015 AzLA Service Award: Outstanding Library Services - Richard DiRusso
- 2015 AzLA Service Award: Outstanding Youth Services Librarian - Kendra Davey
- 2014 National Medal for Museum & Library Service Finalist
- 2014 Urban Libraries Council Honorable Mention - Santa Rosa Snack Program
- 2014 Movers & Shakers: Community Builders - Justine Hernandez
- 2014 AzLA Service Award: Outstanding Library Services - Tara Foxx-Lupo
- 2014 AzLA Service Award: Rosenzweig Distinguished Services - Tom Farmer
- 2013 Urban Libraries Council Top Innovator - Library Nurse Program
- 2013 AzLA Service Award: Emerging Leader Award - Kassy Rodeheaver
- 2013 AzLA Service Award: Outreach Services Award - Toby Wehner
- 2013 AzLA Service Award: Outstanding Youth Servies Librarian Award - Jennifer Nichols
- 2012 Institute of Museum and Library Services Learning Labs Grantee
- 2012 Movers & Shakers: Tech Leaders - Lisa Bunker
View our Brand and Style Guide.
The following JPG logos are provided for editorial use (click on the thumbnails to view/download). Contact us at email@example.com if there's something you're looking for and can't find – EPS files are available upon request.