Have fun. Learn something new. Make a difference. Volunteering is a wonderful way to help your community while meeting interesting people.
To volunteer at one of our libraries, we recommend that you call first to see if they have openings.
Then simply fill out the Volunteer Applicationopens a new window and bring it into the library of your choice.
You must be at least 14 years old to volunteer.
Our volunteers do a variety of work for us, including:
- Shelve and sort books
- Deliver books to shelters and the homebound on the Bookbike or with the Books on Wheels program
- Help kids learn to read
- Help the Seed Library sort through donated seeds
- Participate in a teen advisory board (TAB)
- Help with the summer reading program
- Volunteer at the 101 Space
- Posting about the library as a Social Media Ambassador
What else is there? Are you looking for other places in the community to volunteer?
- See our list of Youth Volunteer Opportunities in the Community
- You can also look for volunteer opportunities on Volunteer Match (search for "Library" or whatever else you are interested in)
- Look at the options at other Pima County departments
- Consider volunteering for the Friends of the Pima County Library.
Looking for court-appointed community service opportunities? Find a list of participating organizations in the Librarian Files.