Digital Media Help
Get Support with Specific Digital Media Services
The Library subscribes to these services, which are supported by the companies that offer them. The companies offer tech support beyond what library staff can help you with. Since every device is a bit different and works differently with each service, library staff and our Infoline can only offer limited technical assistance by phone, email, and in person.
The best way to get help is by contacting the experts listed below.
The companies below are the only ones who can help you with:
- Account problems
- Login issues, especially if you have logged in and used the service before
- Missing or missed holds
- Missing titles
- Due date issues
- Technical problems of any sort including:
- Problems with the app
- Titles that don't download
- Titles that don't work properly on your device
- Titles that have content errors, such as missing chapters
Need in-depth personalized help?
Make an appointment
The FREE Tech Help phone line is open Monday–Friday, 9 am–6 pm.
- Call or text the phoneline at (602) 529-1519.
Leave a message and they will call you back as soon as they are able, or at the time that you request.
- Email email@example.com
- Complete this form to make an appointment and give information about your question/need/issue.
Try an online tutorial! Browse through tech help videos on digital media from the library, how to use a computer or device, or using Gmail or Zoom.
Digital Navigators will help you with:
- computer basics
- help with devices, like smartphones and tablets
- finding internet service offers in your area
- help with unemployment forms, online banking, distance learning, creating an online shop
- using your smartphone as a hotspot wireless network
- using the internet to stay connected to family and friends
- accessing library online resources and digital media
- ...and more!
OverDrive / Libby App
eBooks, eAudiobooks, Comics, Graphic Novels, Magazines, Streaming Video, IndieFlix, Qello Concerts
New to OverDrive or the Libby app?
Go to Getting Started and select the device you want to use.
Get Help or Tech Support
- Online: Help Pages
- By email: Fill out Tech Support Form
- Did you get a replacement library card? Fill out this form to get your checkouts and holds moved to your new card number.
- Has your Instant Digital Card you use with your cell number expired? Find out what to do.
Get Help directly inside the app!
- Open the Libby app
- Click on the Libby icon at the center bottom of the screen
- On the panel that opens on the right, touch Get Some Help
Digital Media FAQs
Hoopla has eBooks, eAudiobooks, comics and graphic novels, streaming movies and TV, and music. Checkouts per month: 5 Running out of checkouts? Try Hoopla Bonus Borrows What's in Hoopla?
- Online: Help pages
- Hoopla works on Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Alexa
- Training videos: Hoopla Digital on Vimeo
- How to set up your Hoopla account
- Online: Help pages
We now offer ebooks, digital audiobooks, digital comics and graphic novels, streaming movies and TV, and streaming music via Hoopla. Every cardholder has five (5) checkouts per month on Hoopla. Your checkouts reset at the beginning of the month and remaining checkouts do not roll over to the next month.
- If you'd like to learn to use Hoopla, try these training videos on vimeo.
- Browse all titles we have in Hoopla in the catalog.
- Go directly to Hoopla to sign in or set up your account.
In the catalog, you will see items with a link that says, "Check out now on Hoopla." When you click on the link, you'll be sent to the Library's Hoopla site. You will need to set up an account. Here are the steps you'll take to set up your Hoopla account.
Step 1: After clicking on the Check out now on Hoopla link in the catalog, you will be sent to the item's record in Hoopla
Step 2: Create your account. You will need to take note of the email and password you use to create your account. The Library cannot retrieve this for you.
Step 3: Choose Pima County Public Library (Tucson, AZ) to connect with our Hoopla collection.
Step 4: Enter your library card number and PIN.
Step 5: Account created! Read through the information on the screen, then click on Done.
In some cases, you'll need software to get started. The services also have apps you can use.
OverDrive - eBooks, audiobooks, movies, magazines, comics, graphic novels, IndieFlix, Qello Concerts
- Listen, read, or watch in browser on a computer or mobile device
- Get the Libby app
- Use the Libby app in your browser (for laptops and desktops)
- Read how to access IndieFlix and Qello
- Software and app downloads
- Download and stream songs in browser on a computer or mobile device
- Stream or download using the app: App downloads
OverDrive allows early returns for most items.
See OverDrive's Help pages:
You can return titles using the app or software that you used to download them. Here are specific steps for:
- Amazon (for Kindle Books)
- OverDrive for iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch)
- OverDrive for Android
- OverDrive for Chromebook
- OverDrive for Windows 8/10
- OverDrive for Windows (desktop)
Adobe Digital Editions (ADE)
Note: Open EPUB ebooks are an exception; they can't be returned from ADE.
In the Libby app:
- Go to your Shelf.
- Click Manage Loan next to the book cover.
- Click Return Early.
If you haven't yet downloaded your item:
- Go to OverDrive: http://pima.overdrive.com/, opens a new window.
- Log in to your account.
- Go to Loans.
- Click on Return beneath the title.
Option 1: Get a Library Card online
You can get a card without coming in to the Library. Apply for an eCard online!
If you'd rather not get a card, here are some options for eBooks you can read online without a library card.
Option 2: Free eBooks online
- RomanceBookCloud: Free romance eBooks
- TeenBookCloud: Free teen eBooks
- Free eBooks from University of Arizona Press
- Reading Arizona Digital Library
- Gutenberg Project: Classics
You may have signed up on OverDrive for an Instant Digital Card using your cell phone number. These Instant Digital Cards expire after two years and cannot be renewed.
You will not lose your holds and checkouts if you follow these steps.
Step 1: Apply for a library card
Step 2: Activate your new card in OverDrive or the Libby app
Once you have your new library card number, go to OverDrive or the Libby app, and either place a hold OR checkout a title. This activates your new card in the OverDrive system.
Step 3: Request a merge
Our staff can merge your checkouts and holds from your Instant Digital Card to your new library card number. Simply fill out this form, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Once the merge is complete, you'll be able to log in to OverDrive or the Libby app with your new library card number and PIN to see all of your checkouts and holds together in one place.
If you have an OverDrive Instant Digital Card that you got previously with your mobile phone number, you will be asked to verify your mobile number with an access code when you have signed out of Libby on your mobile phone. This acts as a PIN to verify that the person using the phone number is the person with the phone.
The screen will look like this:
IndieFlix and Qello are available in the Libby app!
Watch quality documentaries and quirky independent films with unlimited access on IndieFlix. Watch on your computer or device, or on your Apple TV or Roku.
Qello gives you access to the largest library of full-length concerts, music documentaries, and live streaming events, available to watch on supported devices including Roku, AppleTV, and more. Qello works on phones, tablets, media players, game consoles, and smart TVs. See all compatible devices.
To access IndieFlix or Qello
Install the Libby app from OverDrive on your device
- Use Libbyapp.com in your browser (for laptops and desktops)
Once you've installed the Libby app or opened Libby in your browser:
- Scroll on the homepage of Libby to Extras and click on the image
- If you aren't already logged in, log in by choosing Pima County Public Library and entering your library card number and PIN
- Click on the Open! button
- On your tablet or phone, your browser will open the IndieFlix or Qello webpage
- Click on Get a 7-day pass and read the information
- Click on Continue
- Activate your 7-day pass by entering your email - this will be the email address you use every time you access IndieFlix or Qello
- Set up a password - please choose one you can remember, so you can use it next time you use IndieFlix or Qello
- Install the Libby app from OverDrive on your device
OverDrive / Libby doesn't have parental controls, but you can limit your browsing and searching to content intended for specific audiences.
In the OverDrive website in your browser:
To set your content preferences, open OverDrive in a browser, not the Libby app.
- Go to the Library's OverDrive page at pima.overdrive.com
- Log in with your library card number and PIN
- Go to My Account, then Settings
- Scroll down to Content Preferences and select the types of content you want to see when browsing or searching the collection.
In the Libby app:
To set an audience preference for searching/browsing:
- Open the Libby app
- Tap Preferences at the top of any search or browse screen (not in your Shelf).
- Choose one or more Audience filters.
- Tap Apply Preferences.
You can also visit your library's kids section in Libby:
- Open the Libby app
- Tap Explore on your library's home screen in Libby
- Then select Guide: Kids