Hoopla has eBooks, eAudiobooks, comics and graphic novels, streaming movies and TV, magazines, and music.
Checkouts per month: 7
Running out of checkouts? Try Binge Passes or Hoopla Bonus Borrows
What's in Hoopla?
- Movies and documentaries
- Television - Hoopla has over 1,600 Acorn TV episodes!
- Magazines - Use Binge Passes to access 50 magazines
Getting started with Hoopla
Use these resources to get going.
- Online: Help pages
- Hoopla works on Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Alexa
- Training videos: Hoopla Digital on Vimeo
- How to set up your Hoopla account
Get the app
Apple Store | Google Play | Amazon
What devices work with Hoopla?
See a full list at the Hoopla Help site. Click on Supported Devices to see full list.
Using a Kindle Fire? Hoopa works with Fire OS 5.0.0 and newer:
- 4th Generation (2014): Kindle Fire HD 6”, Fire HD 7", Fire HDX 8.9”
- 5th Generation (2015): Kindle Fire
- 6th Generation (2016): Kindle Fire HD 8”
- 7th Generation (2017): Kindle Fire 7”, Fire HD 8", Fire HD 10”
- 8th Generation (2018): Kindle Fire HD 8"
Changing libraries in your Hoopla account
If you've recently moved from another library to Pima County Public Library (PCPL), you can update your library information, so that you can use your PCPL library card with your existing email address in Hoopla.
In the Hoopla app
- Go to Settings
- Tap the library name listed under the Library heading
- Search for Pima County Public Library
- Tap Pima County Public Library
On the Hoopla website
- Click the gear icon to go to Setting
- Go to the Library tab on the Settings page
- Search for Pima County Public Library
- Click on Pima County Public Library - you will see a blue checkmark to the right of the name which indicates it is the active library
This will reset your account to use PCPL's collection. If you use other libraries, you will have to change this setting each time to use a different library's collection.
If you have technical problems, please contact Hoopla Support.
By email: Send help request to Hoopla Support
If you see this error message:
Sorry, it appears that something is wrong with your library card or PIN. Please double check your info in settings and if you still have issues contact your local library at 520-791-4010 for support.
- From the Hoopla website: Log in and click Settings in the upper right. Click Library Settings.
- From the iOS app: Tap the Settings icon in the upper-right corner. Tap Library Settings.
- From the Android app: Tap the Menu icon in the upper-right corner. Tap Settings.
- Confirm you have selected Pima County County Library.
- Reenter your library card number and PIN.
- Click Save.
If that doesn't solve the problem, please send a help request to Hoopla Support.
If you saw a title in our catalog, but Hoopla says it is unavailable
Hoopla is a cost per use model, which means that the Library pays a small fee each time an item is borrowed. Our budget is not unlimited, so we've had to place a 7-per-month borrow limit per cardholder. We also have a price cap on the titles we can make available for you to borrow in Hoopla, so that titles that cost more than our cap are not available .
Sometimes an item changes price within Hoopla, depending on the price set by the publisher. If the publisher increases the price to Hoopla, that increases the Library's cost. Occasionally, an item's price bumps up above our price cap. When that happens it can take up to a month for our catalog records to synch, so you may see it in our catalog, but get over to Hoopla and not be able to borrow it.
We apologize for this inconvenience. The good news is that about 90% of what Hoopla offers is within our price cap.
Collective daily borrow limit
In addition to your monthly limit and our price cap, to keep the cost of Hoopla within the Library's budget, we have a daily borrow limit.
On occasion you might run into the following error message, even if you have monthly borrows left.
The collective daily borrow limit set by your library has been reached and will be reset at midnight. Please browse and add titles to favorites so you can easily access them after midnight.
This message means that the Library as a whole has hit our daily limit. The limit resets the following day, so check back after midnight to check out your title. We know this is an inconvenience for you. We wish we could keep everything unlimited, but simply do not have the budget to do that.