If you're an ebook user, you know that we can have long waiting lists on some titles. You've probably waited on some long lists yourself. Pay it forward! You can help everyone who's waiting behind you by turning your ebook in early. Returning early helps the line move along faster, which may just benefit you someday!
Returning early using OverDrive
If you haven't yet downloaded your item, returning a title is easy from your Checkouts page. There's a button under the title that says, "Return Title." Simple as that!
- You can also use the OverDrive app on your phone or tablet. Click on the blue icon that looks like a head and shoulders to see your account information. If you haven't downloaded the item yet, you will see a “Return” option next to it.
- If you've already downloaded your audiobook, ePub, or PDF: you can return it through whatever device you used to download and read it -- the OverDrive app on mobile, or the Adobe Digital Editions program on your computer. There are instructions for whatever device you're using on the OverDrive Help page.
- If you checked out a Kindle book, you will have to go to your Amazon account to return it. Here are the instructions for Kindle (scroll down to the “Return a Library Book” section).
Returning early using OneClickdigital
- Once you've signed in, you can click on your name in the top right, then "My Titles," then the little X in the top right corner of your book to return it.
If you're always getting through your ebooks before they are due, consider changing the check out period. Yes, you control how long you keep ebooks! Here's how to do it:
- OverDrive: How to change your lending period
- OneClickDigital: Select lending period at check out by using the little drop-down menu. Select anything from 1 to 21 days
Questions? Call Infoline at 520 791 4010, or contact Ask A Librarian!
What do you want to know? Any tips you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments what you’d like to see in future installments!
And if you haven’t, check out our previous tips of the week, opens a new window!