All of you ravenous readers have set the Library on course to reach a record-breaking 1 million digital checkouts in 2021!
There been a continuous uptick in library digital lending of eBooks and audiobooks, especially due to the global pandemic. We've been providing readers 24/7 access to eBooks and audiobooks since 2005 (who knew it was such a long time?!) through the award-winning Libby app by OverDrive. Usage of digital items has increased every year since, and now we're up to 1 million checkouts this year.
The highest-circulating titles borrowed in 2021 were:
Top 5 Audiobooks
- Cold Mourning by Brenda Chapman
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell
- Educated by Tara Westover
Top 5 eBooks
- Nomadland by Jessica Bruder
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama
- The Secret, Book & Scone Society by Ellery Adams
- The Quiet Girl by SF Kosa
- The Guardians by John Grisham
Top 5 Magazines
Using OverDrive and the Libby app is easy! You can use any major device, including Apple(R), Android™, Chromebook™ and Kindle(R) (U.S. only).
OverDrive strives to create “a world enlightened by reading.” Serving a growing network of 73,000 libraries and schools in 88 countries, OverDrive delivers the industry’s largest digital catalog of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines and other content through award-winning apps. The Libby reading app for libraries is one of Popular Mechanics’ 20 Best Apps of the Decade, while the student reading app Sora is one of TIME’s Best Inventions of 2019. Founded in 1986, OverDrive is based in Cleveland, Ohio USA and was named a Certified B Corp in 2017. www.overdrive.com