The Library's helpful staff love connecting people with resources that make a difference in their lives. The Hours & Locations page has an interactive map that lets you find a convenient branch to get help in person. You can also contact Ask a Librarian by phone or email for information on any topic you're curious about!
For social resources and community agencies that help with homelessness, housing, food, domestic violence, seniors/elderly, and more, see Human and Community Services in Pima County.
For one-on-one help and ongoing classes on topics like finding jobs, using computers, and using e-readers, search our event calendar.
To browse resource lists put together by our staff, on topics like finding lawyers, community referrals, and getting financial aid, follow Ask a Librarian's lists.
To find answers to FAQs, click on the "Help" link at the top of any page, and search or browse the FAQs. They cover a wealth of topics, including:
Getting and using your library card
- Checkout rules
- Placing holds / reserving items
- Fines a.k.a. late fees
- Registering for and logging into your online account
E-Library / Digital media help
- Audiobook downloads
- Music downloads
- Streaming video
- The difference between the digital services we subscribe to
- Genealogy research tips
How to search the catalog
- Where's the search box?
- Narrowing down your search
- Saving your search
- Hiding book covers for a more streamlined, text-based view of search results
- How to use the website (including how-to videos!)
How to borrow books that we don't own
- Suggesting titles for purchase
- Using Interlibrary Loan to borrow items from other libraries
Using our computers and technology
- List of computers at each branch
- Assistive technology
- Using our WiFi and wireless printing
Using our meeting and study rooms
- Quiet Zones
- Using the Seed Library
Will you buy my book?
- How authors can market a book to the library
- How to become a Library Presenter