- Your requests are part of your online account.
- Log in, then click on My Suggestions in the drop-down menu under your username.
You can track your requests in your account.
- See which requests have been approved, which are still under review, and which we cannot get for you.
- See how many requests you have remaining for the month at the top of My Suggestions.
You have control.
- Feel free to cancel requests you no longer need or delete old ones from your list. Or you can keep your entire order history for as long as you want.
- You are limited to thirty (30) requests per month.
- Once you’ve requested 30 items, you have to wait until the following month to make more requests.
- If we buy the item you request, you have to place a hold on it yourself.
- You will login and go to My Suggestions to see if your request was approved. Please check the catalog a few days later to place your hold.
- Staff works on requests on weekdays only. No suggestions will be reviewed on weekends or holidays.
Please keep in mind:
- We welcome all suggestions, but are unable to purchase everything requested.
- These titles are not available for libraries to purchase:
- Many titles made available to read with a Kindle Unlimited subscription from Amazon.
- Titles that are exclusive to Audible.
- Items should be released within three calendar months of the request, not 90 days. For example, a title released anytime in July can be requested on May 1st.
- If you're looking for a book published more than one year ago, use our Interlibrary Loan service, and we'll try to borrow it from another library within the United States.
- We no longer acquire commercial network television shows. Please check our website for free streaming video, opens a new window.
- If you're looking for music, try Freegal for free music downloads.
- If you're an author, please see Will you buy my book? for information.
For more information about how we decide to buy what we do, see our Collection Development Policy on our Policies & Guidelines page.
See our latest lists, opens a new window in the catalog!