Suggest a Purchase has changed:
- Your requests are now part of your online account.
- Log in, then click on My Suggestions in the drop-down menu under your username.
You can now track your requests in your account!
- See which requests have been approved, which are still under review, and which we cannot get for you.
- See how many requests you have remaining for the month at the top of My Suggestions.
You have more control.
- Feel free to cancel requests you no longer need or delete old ones from your list. Or you can keep your entire order history for as long as you want.
Please note these important changes:
- You are limited to thirty (30) requests per month.
- Once you’ve requested 30 items, you have to wait until the following month to make more requests.
- If we buy the item you request, you have to place a hold on it yourself.
- You will login and go to My Suggestions to see if your request was approved. Please check the catalog a few days later to place your hold.
- Staff works on requests on weekdays only.
- No suggestions will be reviewed on weekends or holidays.
Please keep in mind:
- Items should be released within three calendar months of the request, not 90 days. For example, a title released anytime in July can be requested on May 1st.
- If you're looking for a book published more than one year ago, use our Interlibrary Loan service, and we'll try to borrow it from another library within the United States.
- We welcome all suggestions, but are unable to purchase everything requested.
- We no longer acquire commercial network television shows. Please check our website for free streaming videoopens a new window.
- If you're looking for music, try Freegal for free music downloads.
- If you're an author, please see Will you buy my book? for information.
For more information about how we decide to buy what we do, see our Collection Development Policy on our Policies & Guidelines page.
See our latest listsopens a new window in the catalog!