We reach, support, and celebrate the Black community.
- To help the working population at Pima County Public Library reflect the current demographics of Pima County
- To improve Black representation in Pima County Public Library at all levels and all branches
- To educate library staff in order to change the work culture and environment
- To help break down preconceived ideas and prejudice about the Black community as a whole and Black people individually
- To connect with the Black community by creating programming and enhancing the collection for their needs and interests
- To promote the goals and desires of the Black community in order to elevate ownership and buy-in
- To make the official Pima County Public Library diversity statement true in practice
Kindred was established in 2017 as a group of like-minded staff members looking to meet a need in the community, both internally and externally.