Storytimes are a fun way to introduce young children to books and language. Why should you bring your kids to one?
- They're in their prime language development stage from 0-3 years, and listening to language repeated in song, rhyme, and stories helps them soak it in.
- Help them learn about big, important concepts like shape, color, size, animals, sounds, and even feelings.
- Help them become good listeners and increase their attention span -- before they start school!
- They really enjoy getting together with other kids to listen to stories and sing songs.
- It's a great way to introduce little ones to joining in group activities, as they will do in school.
Here is the link you can bookmark, for a current list of all the storytimes Pima County Public Library hosts. Use the menu on the left to find locations and times that are convenient for your family.
Some local schools and businesses host free storytimes and children's activities, too. Check out their event calendars and websites for the most-to-date info for the following: