As the pandemic continues to pose challenges for our community, the Library continues to support learners with their academic skills.
Our Homework page offers access to an array of free resources—from live online tutoring through Brainfuse to E-Library research tools like Encyclopedia Britannica.
A relatively new resource you’ll find on the Homework page is our collection of skill sheets. Skill Sheets are free 1-2 page handouts on topics related to math, reading, and writing, and they are available in both English and Spanish. These skill sheets were developed by Library Homework Helpers to help adults support children, tweens, and teens with homework. For example, several of the math skill sheets explain strategies used in the Common Core/Engage NY math curriculum that many Tucson schools follow. Families can browse and download the sheets from the website for free.
Looking for even more great homework resources? Check out a few of our Homework Help team’s favorites!
Duane Habecker’s YouTube Channel
- Best for parents, caregivers, and teachers who want to learn about Common Core math
- Excellent teacher-created videos cover every module and lesson (Grades 1-6) in the Eureka Math/Engage NY curriculum used by many elementary schools in Tucson.
- Best for parents and caregivers
- Provides information about how to help struggling readers, like the signs to look for, how to ask for help, and how to be your child’s advocate
- Best for elementary, middle, and high schoolers
- Clear definitions of vocabulary words and good example sentences
- Keeps a search history of the words looked up
- Has a “puzzle solver” that helps with crosswords or anagrams
- Best for middle school, high school, college students, and adults who want to proofread their own writing
- Free grammar, spelling, and overall writing mechanics checker
- Blog answers grammar-related questions
- Best for elementary students
- Games, quizzes, videos, picture galleries and more
- Easy to use and colorful!
- Best for middle schoolers, high schoolers, and adults.
- Short but thorough (10-15 minute) videos on history and other topics created by John Green (author of The Fault in our Stars) and his brother Hank
Visit our Homework page for even more great resources, including:
- Free online tutoring
- Online tools available 24x7x365
- Skills Sheets for common homework assignments