The Library and the Friends of the Library are not taking donations of materials during the pandemic.
Thank you! We're so grateful. Here are the types of donations we take.
- Online: Donate money to the Library using PayPal.
- In person: Bring money or checks into our libraries. Checks should be made payable to "PCPL."
- Support our supporters! The Friends of the Pima County Public Library and the Pima Library Foundation also welcome donations.
We'll take your donated books, but may not add them to our collection. Anything we can't add will go to the Friends of the Pima County Public Library for their book sales. These sales help support library programs throughout the year, so your donation is never wasted.
Some libraries have limited space and can't take large donations. If you'd like, you can take your books directly to the Friends Book Barn at 2230 N. Country Club (at Grant). They're open Monday-Saturday, 9 am-noon. You can make an appointment with the Friends by calling 795-3763.
Please note: The Friends don't take magazines, Reader's Digest Condensed Books, or old encyclopedias. Also, make sure your books are in good condition. Please do not donate moldy or insect-infested books.
If you would like to donate books specifically for our Bookbikes, you can bring them to any branch and let staff know they are for the Bookbike.
If you'd like to donate in memory of a loved one, we will put bookplates in the items we buy with the money you donate. If you want your donation to go to a specific branch of our library system, put that branch's name in the note line on your check. Please include a donation form with your memorial gift.
Items we do not accept
- Equipment, including computers, printers, and software
- eBooks of any type, since eBook leasing is based on contracts and licensing which cannot be transferred