Here are some sites that provide information on where and how to get low-cost internet access and computers.
WiFi and Internet Access
- In partnership with Cox, Pima County Public Library offers access to 120 reliable, high-speed WiFi hotspots across Pima County.
Affordable Connectivity Program - Apply online!
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that provides a temporary discount on monthly internet service and connected devices for qualifying low-income households:
- Up to a $30/month discount on your broadband service and associated equipment rentals
- Up to a $75/month discount if your household is on qualifying Tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50)
- Check your eligibility here: Do I Qualify? - ACP - Universal Service Administrative Company (acpbenefit.org)
- Find low-cost internet and affordable computers in your area. They work to connect people living in the United States to low-cost home internet service, affordable computers and tablets, and digital literacy training.
- Arizona Free WiFi Map
- Mapa de lugares con WiFi gratis en Arizona
- Cox is offering $19.99 and $9.99 service plans.
- Comcast is offering two months free for low income families.
- If you are trying to get connected to the internet right away, several national providers have opened up their low-income internet programs, allowing you to receive free connectivity for up to two months if you qualify.
- This is a good rundown of places you can get low-cost internet, with a couple of short-term free options.
- Another list of places you can get low-cost internet.
- Created before the pandemic, this has a video summing up the written information it provides.
- Until further notice, all Xfinity WiFi Public Hotspots are now open to everyone on the “xfinitywifi” SSID. Public hotspots can be found in small/medium businesses and outdoors in commercial areas. Non-Xfinity subscribers need to accept Terms and Conditions to access the network and repeat when requested to continue to receive free unlimited access. Please refer to the map below for available public hotspots.
Computers: Local Resources
- Provides low-cost computers and iOS devices. Special discounted pricing is available for Arizonans with disabilities who also receive specific federal or state public assistance benefits.
- Call 520-623-7162
- RISE Equipment Recycling Center offers office equipment and furniture at reduced price to non-profit organizations, their clients, and low-income families and their children.
Fee-based Public Computer Access
FedEx Office Centers have public computer access. The cost is 39 cents a minute for basic Office suite, and 49 cents a minute for computers equipped with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Location: 2607 E Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85716 US
- Monday Closed
- Tuesday 9:00 AM–6:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM–6:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM–6:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM–6:00 PM
- Saturday 10:00 AM–6:00 PM
- Sunday Closed
- Offers low cost tech and internet access, among other things. Due to high demand, they are out of stock on certain items.
- Using donations, this organizations helps charitable programs get access to equipment.
- Offers free computers to qualifying K-12 students. They collaborate with existing computer access centers, education institutions, businesses, and donors to offer computers to disadvantaged youth.
- Offers discounted laptops for K-12 and College students.
- Computers for low-Income families, seniors, veterans, and students on financial aid.
Last updated 11-14-2022