Derelict Homes—How to Take Action

To find out who owns the home visit the website of the Pima County Assessor, opens a new window.

  • Click "Advanced Search"
  • Enter the address of the property in the Property Address Search.
  • Click the "Search Address" button
  • Taxpayer Information is listed

If the yard is overgrown with weeds and/or contains garbage or debris, contact the City of Tucson's Code Enforcement Division, opens a new window. Scroll down the page to file a complaint online, by phone, fax, or postal mail.

Complaints related to abandoned or vacant buildings should also be directed to the City of Tucson's Code Enforcement Division., opens a new window


“Who do you ask to take action on derelict homes?” Arizona Daily Star.  February 28, 2010. Page B6.

Find the information you need by calling the library's Infoline at 520-791-4010 or by sending your question to Ask a Librarian.