If you use a Kindle Fire to read your library ebooks, you can now download the Libby app by OverDrive.
Libby is compatible with all Fire tablets from 2020 or later and some older Fire tablets:
|Fire HD 10||2017|
|Fire HD 8||2018|
|Fire HD 10||2019|
|Fire HD 8||2020|
|Fire HD 10||2021|
|Fire HD 10 Plus||2021|
|Fire HD 8||2022|
|Fire HD 8 Plus||2022|
Why switch? Libby allows you to:
- Download titles for offline reading, or stream them to save space
- Search and browse for new titles using Libby's powerful filtering system
- Use tags to create your must-read list and any other book lists you want
- Adjust ebook design, text size, and background color
- Zoom into magazines and comic books
- Add bookmarks, notes, and highlights
- Slow down or speed up audiobooks (0.6 to 3.0x)
- Swipe across the audiobook cover to jump backwards or forwards
- Set a sleep timer at the end of your audiobook chapter
- Sync your progress across multiple devices
Borrow and enjoy ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines. Listen to your favorite narrators in Libby's ground-breaking audio player, and turn the pages in the beautiful, intuitive ebook reader.
The OverDrive app will be removed from the Amazon Appstore on June 7, 2023. Kindle Fire users who already have the OverDrive app installed can continue to use it for now, but we encourage you to switch to Libby and get the full reader experience it offers.