On this page:
Volunteer at the Library
If you would like to volunteer at one of our libraries, please fill out an application form and turn it in to the branch or branches of your choice either in-person or by mail.
For branch addresses and phone numbers, please see a list of our locations.
A volunteer application form should be filled out by each applicant.
The minimum age for volunteering at the library is 14 years old.
Volunteer opportunities include:
Volunteer with Library Partners
The library partners with several local organizations who also need volunteers. Contact the organization directly to find out about volunteer opportunities.
- Friends of the Pima County Public Library (520) 795-3763 or email email@example.com for more information
- Literacy Connects (520) 882-8006
- Make Way for Books (520) 721-2334
- Reading Seed (520) 798-0700
Find Volunteer Opportunities
- A network of local, state, and national service programs that connects volunteers with services that meet our country's needs in education, public safety, health, and the environment.
- Green Valley-Sahuarita Volunteer Clearinghouse
- Find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills and calendar in the Green Valley and Sahuarita areas.
- Idealist.org: Action Without Borders
- Search for volunteer opportunities in your community or around the world.
- International Rescue Committee in Tucson
- Volunteer opportunities include being a mentor to a newly-arrived refugee family resettling in Tucson. Help them adjust to life in their new home and practice English. No special skills or knowledge needed! Only compassion, creativity, and patience!
- Senior Corps
- A national service program for senior volunteers, affiliated with the Corporation for National Service. There is also a link to projects specific to Arizona.
- Find volunteer opportunities by entering your zip code.
- Volunteer Southern Arizona
- Searchable database for volunteer opportunities. Recruits and places volunteers in non-profit, government, education and health institutions, educates the community in volunteering, and provides training and technical assistance to profit and non-profit programs.
- National nonprofit committed to bringing volunteers and service organizations together on behalf of community needs.
- Energize, Inc.
- International training, consulting, and publishing firm specializing in volunteerism.
- The Thanks Company
- Cards and gifts especially for volunteers.
- Volunteer Today
- News, events, useful information on recruiting, retention, training, and links to valuable Web sites.