On this page:
- News and Current Openings
- Jobs for Teens at the Library
- How to Apply
- Applying and Testing for Clerical or Office Support Positions (OSL III)
News and Current Openings
Job openings, when available, are posted here. If this section has no announcements, there are no current openings.
Jobs for Teens at the Library
If you are 14–21, you may be eligible to be a teen summer intern for a 5-week period. If you are 16–21, you may be eligible for the Pledge-a-Job program. For all other jobs at the Pima County Public Library you need to be at least 18 years old. Summer job opportunities with the Library are now closed for 2014, please check back in February of 2015 for information about summer jobs for teens.
How to Apply for a Job at the Library:
The Pima County Public Library is a department of Pima County. Employment information is available on the Pima County Human Resources web site or call the job line at 724-3530.
Applications, supplemental forms and job descriptions are available in the Human Resources Department at 150 W. Congress, 4th floor, Tucson, Arizona 85701.
- Application materials are available on the Pima County Human Resources Applications Procedures web page. There you can download the Pima County Application (PDF).
- To apply for Office Support Level III (OSL III), see below.
- Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an official application unless stated. Resumes may be attached to the completed application only for grades 35 and above.
- Applicants must file a separate Pima County Application Form/Supplement for each classification of interest with Pima County Human Resources Department.
- To be considered, the application must be received not later than the closing date.
Applications determined qualified for the classification(s) for which applied, will remain in the active file for potential referral for six months unless otherwise notified. Applicants are requested to furnish, at their own expense, documentary proof of formal education e.g. course work or degree(s), certification, registration, license, membership in association or any other proof of competency, only if required in the official classification description or announcement.
Applying and Testing for Office Support Positions
The Office Support Level III (OSL III, Customer Service Clerk) position in the library provides customer service, including library card registration, check out and check in services.
This is a tested classification. Registration is required to test for this position. To be considered for any of the positions in this classification, you must pass the test.
Testing is held every six (6) months (February and August) for non-County employees. Selection is done from the pool of tested applicants; vacancies are not announced.
Candidates for job interviews are selected based on their test scores and experience, depending on what combination of test scores and experience the hiring department has asked for.
For each candidate selected for interview, a copy of his/her application is sent to the hiring department for use in the final selection process. Test results and test standards are mailed to each applicant approximately one week after the test.
Test scores are active for one (1) year; applications are active for six (6) months.
How to Apply and Register for Testing
- Check the Pima County Human Resources website (www.pima.gov/hr/recruitment.asp) for the testing and registration dates.
- Register for the test, then take the test at the Pima County Human Resources Department, 150 West Congress, 5th Floor, Tucson Arizona, 85701.
- The completed application must be turned in at the time of the test.
- The test lasts 2 hours and 45 minutes.
- Skills Tests include typing and data entry.