The Library’s website promotes our Vision, Mission, and Values and provides the following:
- Information about the Library in general and the materials, programs, and services we offer.
- Access to your personal library account.
- Information about and referral to local resources, library‐created content, and related information and links that support the Library’s goals.
- Content posted the website is subject to change at any time without notice.
- Ebooks, digital downloads, and paid subscription databases are subject to the Collection Development Policy and meet selection criteria.
- Access to some materials is restricted to Pima County residents and/or library cardholders.
- Access to some materials may be limited by format, software requirements, or computer platform.
- External links are selected based on the following criteria: alignment with Library goals, suitability for intended audience, authoritativeness, accuracy, objectivity, design, and accessibility. The Library does not add links to external websites upon request.
Library Presence on External Websites
- The Library has accounts on select external websites and social media sites in order to serve a larger audience. The Library is not responsible for comments and content posted on these sites.
Responsibility of Library Website Users
- The Library is not responsible for a child's use of the Library's website or the internet in general. Parents are encouraged to monitor their child’s use of the internet.
- Each user is responsible for evaluating the validity and appropriateness of information they access online.
- The Library cannot protect users from information and images that they might find offensive or disturbing.
The Library reserves the right to remove any post and/or to temporarily or permanently remove any user’s ability to post free-text on our website. Posts containing the following may be flagged, deleted, or result in removal of the ability to post free-text on our website.
- Copyright violations
- Off-topic comments
- Commercial material/spam/solicitation
- Sexual content, or links to sexual content
- Threatening or harassing postings
- Libelous or other kinds of personal attacks
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- Content that reveals private, personal information without permission
- Vulgar language or content
- Comments in support of or in opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures
- Content that degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or other classification
Updated September 27, 2016