Tax Help & Filing Information
Free Income Tax Assistance for Low-to Mid-Income Taxpayers
AARP Tax-Aide has been suspended at all libraries until further notice.
United Way Free Tax Preparation (VITA)
United Way suggests that people use this free online tax filing program that has human support: getyourrefund.org
VITA Tax Help sites in Pima County - Due to coronavirus, this website is not current. Please use the online option above.
- IRS-trained volunteers will prepare federal and state income tax returns and counsel clients to make sure that hard-working families claim tax benefits, such as the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), for which they are eligible.
- The United Way can submit returns electronically for free.
Bring with you:
- Social Security Number for each family member
- Income information, such as W2 and 1099 forms
- Information about deductible expenses
- Account and routing numbers of checking and savings accounts for direct deposit of refunds
- Prior year AGI (adjusted gross income) or IRS five-digit PIN (if possible)
- Prior year tax return (if possible)
Preparación de Impuestos por EITC / VITA
- Voluntarios calificados del IRS prepararán los impuestos federales y estatales y aconsejarán a clientes para asegurarse de que las familias reciban todos los beneficios para los que califican. La organización United Way puede enviar los impuestos electrónicamente sin costo adicional.
Military Family Assistance
A VITA site located at Davis-Monthan AFB offers free tax assistance to active duty, Reserve, National Guard and retired military members and their immediate families, including widows of retired personnel. Military I.D. and a Social Security card must be presented.
During tax season (mid-January through late April), call 520-228-3489.
During the remainder of the year, call 520-228-5242.
For additional locations, dates and hours of volunteer tax assistance site for military families, call IRS 1-800-829-1040.
Federal Forms & Filing
- Forms: (800) 829-3676 (1-800-TAX-FORM) or 1-800-829-4059 for TTY/TDD.
- Recorded tax and refund information: (800) 829-4477.
- Tax information assistance: (800) 829-1040.
Federal Building, 300 W. Congress, Room 1C (northeast corner of Congress and Granada).
- Forms located inside the IRS office not in the lobby.
- Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Mail Federal Forms
Arizona Forms & Filing
- Forms: Automated, menu-driven, voicemail service to request forms (800) 352-4090.
- Specific tax information: (800) 352-4090, or TDD (hearing impaired) assistance is available at (800) 397-0256.
Pick Up Forms
State Building, 400 W. Congress (northwest corner of Congress and Granada).
- Enter through the door on the West side of the building.