Tax Help & Filing Information
Free Income Tax Assistance for Low-to Mid-Income Taxpayers
United Way Free Tax Preparation (VITA)
United Way suggests that people use this free online tax filing program that has human support: getyourrefund.org
- See how Get Your Refund works and what you'll need to get started.
Pima County One-Stops offer limited computer use
- 45-minute time limit
- There are generally fewer customers in the afternoon and on Fridays
Kino Service Center: 2797 E. Ajo Way
Sullivan Jackson Employment Center: 400 E. 26th St.
Youth Employment Center: 320 N. Commerce Park Loop
In-person locations and schedule
- Visit United Way's website for up-to-date information
- Call Pio Decimo with questions or to verify location and schedule information: 520-416-4754.
- For information about sites in Cochise, Yavapai, Yuma, Graham and Greenlee Counties, please call Pio Decimo Center at (520) 416-4754.
Get prepared for your visit!
- Use this checklist to make sure you have all the documents you'll need for your visit.
- Please note that all sites stop accepting new clients one hour before closing time.
- Be sure to bring both spouses (if filing jointly), picture ID for taxpayer (and spouse, if filing jointly), Social Security card (or acceptable alternative) for each person listed on the return, proof of income (ex. W2s, 1099s), documentation of expenses, and Form 1095-A + proof of income if anyone in the household is insured through the marketplace.
- Prior year tax return and account/routing numbers for direct deposit also recommended.
Please contact the United Way VITA Info Line by phone (520-333-5810) or email email@example.com for additional assistance.
Make an appointment for in-person tax assistance
Dates: February 1, 2022–April 18, 2022
All free AARP Tax-Aide tax preparation is by appointment only. Make appointments online at the links below or in person at the site on the
At your appointment the certified tax preparer will review and inventory your documents that you drop off and schedule a time for you to sign and pick up your completed tax return. Most sites offer drop off and pick up the same day and some offer drop off documents and pick up tax return another day.
- Click on Pima County in the list to see all Pima County locations.
- Masks, social distancing, and all COVID precautions must be observed.
Get prepared for your visit!
Bring the following to your tax appointment:
- all relevant 2021 tax documents and completed forms from tax packet (see below for information on tax packets)
- information about 2021 health insurance coverage for all persons on return
- your 2020 tax return
- government-issued photo ID
- Social Security cards for all persons listed on the return
- your bank routing and account numbers for direct deposit
How to get a tax packet
A limited number of libraries have packets available for pickup. Call ahead to make sure the library has a current stock of packets on hand before you go.
- Eckstrom-Columbus Library - (520) 594-5285
- Martha Cooper Library - (520) 594-5315
- Miller-Golf Links Library - (520) 594-5355
- Murphy-Wilmot Library - (520) 594-5420
- Nanini Library - (520) 594-5365
- Oro Valley Public Library - (520) 594-5580
- Richard Elías-Mission Library - (520) 594-5325
- Valencia Library - (520) 594-5390
- Wheeler Taft Abbett, Sr. Library - (520) 594-5200
Contact AARP-Tucson at https://local.aarp.org/tucson-az/ or (520) 571-9884 for tax packets.
Federal Forms & Filing
- Forms: (800) 829-3676 (1-800-TAX-FORM) or 1-800-829-4059 for TTY/TDD.
- Recorded tax and refund information: (800) 829-4477.
- Tax information assistance: (800) 829-1040.
Federal Building, 300 W. Congress, Room 1C (northeast corner of Congress and Granada).
- Forms located inside the IRS office not in the lobby.
- Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Mail Federal Forms
Arizona Forms & Filing
- Forms: Automated, menu-driven, voicemail service to request forms (800) 352-4090.
- Specific tax information: (800) 352-4090, or TDD (hearing impaired) assistance is available at (800) 397-0256.
Pick Up Forms
State Building, 400 W. Congress (northwest corner of Congress and Granada).
- Enter through the door on the West side of the building.