Tax Help & Filing Information
Free Income Tax Assistance for Low-to Mid-Income Taxpayers
United Way Free Tax Preparation (VITA)
United Way suggests that people use this free online tax filing program that has human support: getyourrefund.org
See how Get Your Refund works and what you'll need to get started.
Pima County One-Stops offer limited computer use
- 45-minute time limit
- There are generally fewer customers in the afternoon and on Fridays
Kino Service Center: 2797 E. Ajo Way
Sullivan Jackson Employment Center: 400 E. 26th St.
Youth Employment Center: 320 N. Commerce Park Loop
In-Person Locations and Schedule
- Call Pio Decimo with questions or to verify location and schedule information: (520) 416-4754
Get prepared for your visit!
- Use this checklist to make sure you have all the documents you'll need for your visit.
Please contact the United Way VITA Info Line by phone (520-333-5810) or email email@example.com for additional assistance.
Call Pio Decimo with questions or to verify location and schedule information: 520-416-4754
For information about sites in Cochise, Yavapai, Yuma, Graham and Greenlee Counties, please call Pio Decimo Center at (520) 416-4754.
Additional Notes for In-Person Preparation
- Please note that all sites stop accepting new clients one hour before closing time.
- Be sure to bring both spouses (if filing jointly), picture ID for taxpayer (and spouse, if filing jointly), Social Security card (or acceptable alternative) for each person listed on the return, proof of income (ex. W2s, 1099s), documentation of expenses, and Form 1095-A + proof of income if anyone in the household is insured through the marketplace.
- Prior year tax return and account/routing numbers for direct deposit also recommended.
Contact AARP-Tucson at https://local.aarp.org/tucson-az/ or (520) 571-9884 for tax packets.
Masks, social distancing, and all COVID precautions must be observed at these locations:
GVR East Center - Appointments Only - Call 520-300-6407
7 S Abrego, Green Valley AZ 85614
February 6–April 10
Saturdays: 9–11 am
Sundays: Feb 28 & March 28, 9–11 am
St. Francis-in-the-Valley Episcopal Church - Appointments only - Call 520-329-3818
600 S. La Cañada Dr., Green Valley AZ 85614
February 1–April 12
Mondays: 10 am–noon
Sahuarita Food Bank - Curbside Service Only
17750 N La Canada Blvd., Sahuarita AZ 85629
January 28–April 15
Thursdays: noon–4 pm
Valley Assistance Service - Appointments Only - Call 520-207-0717
3950 Camino Del Heroe, Green Valley AZ 85614
February 3–April 14
Wednesdays & Fridays: 9–11 am
Tubac and Rio Rico Community Centers - Appointments only - Call 520-281-8535
February 1–April 15
Federal Forms & Filing
- Forms: (800) 829-3676 (1-800-TAX-FORM) or 1-800-829-4059 for TTY/TDD.
- Recorded tax and refund information: (800) 829-4477.
- Tax information assistance: (800) 829-1040.
Federal Building, 300 W. Congress, Room 1C (northeast corner of Congress and Granada).
- Forms located inside the IRS office not in the lobby.
- Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Mail Federal Forms
Arizona Forms & Filing
- Forms: Automated, menu-driven, voicemail service to request forms (800) 352-4090.
- Specific tax information: (800) 352-4090, or TDD (hearing impaired) assistance is available at (800) 397-0256.
Pick Up Forms
State Building, 400 W. Congress (northwest corner of Congress and Granada).
- Enter through the door on the West side of the building.