Tax Help & Filing Information
Upcoming Events: Finance
Tax Help at the Library event box
Federal Forms & Filing
- Forms: (800) 829-3676 (1-800-TAX-FORM) or 1-800-829-4059 for TTY/TDD.
- Recorded tax and refund information: (800) 829-4477.
- Tax information assistance: (800) 829-1040.
Federal Building, 300 W. Congress, Room 1C (northeast corner of Congress and Granada).
- Forms located inside the IRS office not in the lobby.
- Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Mail Federal Forms
Arizona Forms & Filing
- Forms: Automated, menu-driven, voicemail service to request forms (800) 352-4090.
- Specific tax information: (800) 352-4090, or TDD (hearing impaired) assistance is available at (800) 397-0256.
Pick Up Forms
State Building, 400 W. Congress (northwest corner of Congress and Granada).
- Enter through the door on the West side of the building.
Mail Arizona Forms
Free Income Tax Assistance for Low-to Mid-Income Taxpayers
AARP Tax Preparation Sites throughout Pima County. Enter your ZIP code.
AARP offers free volunteer-run tax preparation and assistance at the Library February-April. Special attention is given to those over age 60.
AARP Tax-Aide is offered at some libraries starting in February through mid-April.
United Way Free Tax Preparation (VITA)
- VITA offers tax prep help at the Library February-April.
- IRS-trained volunteers will prepare federal and state income tax returns and counsel clients to make sure that hard-working families claim tax benefits, such as the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), for which they are eligible.
- The United Way can submit returns electronically for free.
Bring with you:
- Social Security Number for each family member
- Income information, such as W2 and 1099 forms
- Information about deductible expenses
- Account and routing numbers of checking and savings accounts for direct deposit of refunds
- Prior year AGI (adjusted gross income) or IRS five-digit PIN (if possible)
- Prior year tax return (if possible)
Preparación de Impuestos por EITC / VITA
- Voluntarios calificados del IRS prepararán los impuestos federales y estatales y aconsejarán a clientes para asegurarse de que las familias reciban todos los beneficios para los que califican. La organización United Way puede enviar los impuestos electrónicamente sin costo adicional.
Military Family Assistance
A VITA site located at Davis-Monthan AFB offers free tax assistance to active duty, Reserve, National Guard and retired military members and their immediate families, including widows of retired personnel. Military I.D. and a Social Security card must be presented.
During tax season (mid-January through late April), call 520-228-3489.
During the remainder of the year, call 520-228-5242.
For additional locations, dates and hours of volunteer tax assistance site for military families, call IRS 1-800-829-1040.