Spanish press release available here.
(TUCSON, Ariz.) – You’ve been so patient, and now it’s about to pay off! Pima County Public Library is thrilled to announce the reopening of the Sam Lena-South Tucson and Flowing Wells Libraries.
- The Sam Lena-South Tucson Library will reopen on Thursday, December 6 at 9 am.
- The Flowing Wells Library will reopen on Monday, December 10 at 10 am.
Customers can expect wonderful changes at both! A complete overhaul of the 4,777 square foot Sam Lena-South Tucson Library, located at 1607 S. Sixth Avenue, has created a more purposeful space for its more than 9,500 monthly visitors.
- A new entrance off the City of South Tucson Dan Eckstrom plaza and an open floor plan to allow for more natural lighting
- Larger children’s room and creative youth space for teens and tweens
- New study rooms and an additional community meeting room
- Upgraded service desk and curbside book drop
The Flowing Wells Library has been expanded nearly three times its original size—from 5,000 to 13,000 square feet. Led by the award-winning Tucson firm, Line and Space LLC, the renovated Library features amenities and architectural details that will surprise and entertain all ages:
- A large multipurpose room, a room for children’s programming, and three study rooms
- Outdoor patio with wifi access
- Separate designated spaces for teens and children
- Family restroom
In addition, both libraries will have updated collections and furniture as well as more public use computers.
Pima County Public Library plans to celebrate these exciting changes in early 2019 with two grand reopening events! Details will be available after the New Year. For more information, visit the Library’s website or call Infoline at (520) 791-4010.
About Pima County Public Library
For more than 100 years, we have been here for people just like you. Today, in our libraries, online, or out in the community, our dedicated staff and volunteers are always looking ahead to help you find what you’re looking for. Every day, we’re making our mission a reality by educating and connecting people and inspiring ideas.