(Tucson, AZ) Richard Elías-Mission Library is set to close on March 11, 2024 for a major renovation. The closure will last through Summer 2025.
An additional 5,000 square feet and more exciting changes:
- Expanded children's space with sound traveling minimization and an enclosed outdoor area for play and programming.
- Dedicated space for teens and tweens that includes a maker/gamerspace, comfortable seating, and an outdoor patio.
- An on-site Seed Library
- Increased collection of books for adults and a greater selection of magazines, plus improved seating for a more comfortable place to enjoy materials.
- More space for meetings, including an adaptable exterior space. Large meeting room will open to exterior area, which can be used flexibly for indoor and outdoor events.
- New and enhanced landscape with low water use and drought tolerant plants. Exterior will incorporate Green Storm infrastructure practices and passive water harvesting.
Things to know about the closure:
- The book chute will be closed. Materials can be returned to any other library location.
- Customers with holds at this library will need to change the pickup location. This can be easily done in PCPL online account or via Infoline at (520) 791-4010.
- If customers with holds at this library do not change the pickup location, holds will be rerouted to the library nearest customer's address. This information can be accessed in PCPL online account.
- Outdoor WiFi will not be available.
- Food distribution services will be paused.
Nearby libraries will be open:
- Southwest Library, 6855 S. Mark Rd.
- Frank De La Cruz-El Pueblo Library, 101 W. Irvington Rd.
- Quincie Douglas Library, 1585 E. 36th St.
- Valencia Library, 202 W. Valencia Rd.
Don't forget the E-Library, opens a new window! Visit it 24/7 for streaming movies and TV, music, eBooks and audiobooks, and much more.
About Pima County Public Library
For more than 100 years, we've been here for people just like you. Today, in our libraries, online, or out in the community, our dedicated staff and volunteers are always looking ahead to help you find what you're looking for. Every day, we're making our mission a reality by educating and connecting people and inspiring ideas.