renamed to honor the late Frank De La Cruz. De La Cruz was the heart and soul of the El Pueblo Library, which he managed for 21 years. Staff from the Frank De La Cruz-El Pueblo Library and around the library system invite you to join us in a renaming celebration.(Tucson, AZ) In March 2021, the El Pueblo Library was
Friday March 4, 2022 from 3 to 5 pm
101 W. Irvington Road
Special guest speakers:
- Congressman Raúl Grijalva, Arizona - 3rd Congressional District
- Adelita Grijalva, Pima County Supervisor, Vice Chair, District 5
- Richard Barker, Former director of the El Pueblo Neighborhood Center
- Music by Mariachi Aztlán de Pueblo High School
- Frank De La Cruz Story Walk
- Book giveaway for youth in partnership with Make Way for Books
- Leisurely bicicleteada (bike ride) around the neighborhood. Please bring your own bike (skateboard, scooters, etc. welcome!) and helmet.
- FUGA - Familias Unidas Ganando Accesibilidad/Families United Gaining Accessibility
- Make Way for Books
For more than 100 years, we’ve been here for people just like you. Today, in our libraries, online, or out in the community, our dedicated staff and volunteers are always looking ahead to help you find what you’re looking for. Every day, we’re making our mission a reality by educating and connecting people and inspiring ideas.