Here is a list of agencies in Southern Arizona that offer volunteer opportunities.
- Help set up apartments for arriving refugee families.
- Help refugees learn English.
- Be a family mentor providing local, social, and cultural orientation.
- Pick up and deliver household items and donations.
- Transport refugees to and from appointments and/or work.
Contact: (520) 670-0821 or email Anna Burke at email@example.com.
Search for volunteer opportunities or find out how to open your home as a place of refuge for emergency temporary housing.
Contact: (520) 319-2128 or TucsonIRC@rescue.org
Contact: (520) 440-0100 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kino Border Initiative (KBI) is a binational organization that works in the area of migration and is located in Nogales, Arizona and Nogales, Sonora, Mexico. The KBI’s vision is to help make humane, just, workable migration between the U.S. and Mexico a reality. Its mission is to promote US/Mexico border and immigration policies that affirm the dignity of the human person and a spirit of bi-national solidarity through:
- Direct humanitarian assistance and accompaniment with migrants;
- Social and pastoral education with communities on both sides of the border;
- Participation in collaborative networks that engage in research and advocacy to transform local, regional, and national immigration policies.
Contact: (520) 287-2370
Contact: (520) 721-4444
Offers a variety of volunteer opportunities for all ages, including airport welcomes, annual events, driving practice, tutoring, and trauma care.
Find the information you need by calling the library's Infoline at 520-791-4010 or by sending your question to Ask a Librarian.