The Olympic Torch was carried through Tucson on January 13, 2002. The torch arrived at 10 a.m.
Coming from Albuquerque, New Mexico, the route of the torch was:
1. Amtrak train station to 400 E Toole Avenue.
2. Along North Church Avenue between Alameda and Broadway.
3. South Stone Avenue to 16th Street.
4. South Sixth Avenue from 16th Street to Broadway.
5. Miles Exploratory Learning Center to 1400 E. Broadway.
6. Along Broadway to South Country Club to Reid Park.
7. Along Speedway to Main Avenue.
8. West of I-10 at the Arizona School for the Deaf and the Blind.
9. Then the torch is picked up at Trini Alvarez-El Rio golf course and carried on a bicycle.
10. Bicycled along Gates Pass Road to Old Tucson Studios.
11. At Old Tucson Studios transfer of the flame into a lantern for a vehicle caravan to Phoenix.
For a list of the torch carriers refer to "Running for those who can't.” Tucson Citizen Janurary 12, 2002. Page 2.
"Olympic Torch Route Through Tucson Area." Arizona Daily Star. January 12, 2002. Page A13.
"Running for Those Who Can't." Tucson Citizen. January 12, 2002. Page 2
Find the information you need by calling the library's Infoline at 520-791-4010 or by sending your question to Ask a Librarian