Get a library card by phone or email while we're closed!
Are you stuck at home without a library card to access all of our free online ebooks, movies, and music? Our buildings may be closed right now, but you can still get a new or replacement library card!
To get help by phone, please call Infoline at 520-791-4010.
Infoline is open Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
What you'll need for a full-service library card by email:
- Take a picture of your driver's license or other photo ID that has your current address. If your ID doesn't have your current address, send a photo of a piece of mail or a legal document with your name and current address on it.
also include following additional information, if available:
- Your preferred library location (this is for when we re-open; you can always change this later)
- If you prefer to be notified of items ready for pick up by email or phone
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- What 4-digit PIN number you want (it works like a password)
- Notification Language Preference: English or Spanish
How it works by email:
- Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Send a picture of your ID with your current home address, and the information listed in "What you'll need," above.
- Once we have this information from you, we will send your new library card number to you via email. You can use it right away.
- Then we will send your physical card to you in the mail, along with a brief overview of our regular library services.
Can I get a library card without a photo ID/proof of address?
If you cannot provide photo ID or proof of address, we can still issue you a computer use card that will allow you to use our online resources. In this case, please send us:
- Your full name
- Your birthdate
- An email address you want affiliated with your library card account
- A 4-digit PIN
With this information, we will send your library card number to you immediately via email. If you would like to receive your physical library card in the mail, please also provide us with a mailing address.
A library card gives you free access to these digital services:
- Up to 20 ebooks on our OverDrive/Libby service (and 10 holds)
- Up to 10 ebooks on our RBdigital service (and 5 holds)
- Unlimited streaming of Acorn (British TV), Indieflix videos, Quello (concerts), and Póngalo (Fotonovelas in Spanish), with a pass that you renew every 7 days
- 5 Freegal music downloads per week (you can keep these!), and 3 hours streaming a day
- Up to 10 Kanopy streaming videos a month
- Unlimited Kanopy Kids streaming videos
- Unlimited use of our online language classes, auto repair manuals, genealogy research services, legal forms, and much more.
Did you get your new card number? Then, have at it -- it's all yours:
- Full list of our free eBook services
- Full list of our free streaming movie services
- Full list of all of our free music services
- Full list of all online services and collections (also completely free to use)
If the card is lost or stolen, please let us know immediately!