Eckstrom-Columbus Library Open at Temporary Location
The Eckstrom-Columbus Library is now open for business at its temporary location at the Pima Community College 29th Street Coalition Center, 4355 E. Calle Aurora (near 29th Street and Columbus Blvd). Parking is available off of 29th, east of Columbus Blvd in the PCC 29th Street Coalition Center parking lot.
Hours and Services at the Temporary Location
Services at this location are limited. Suspended services include: meeting room use, computer classes, and ILL pick up.
- Library hours remain the same: Sunday, 1-5 pm; Monday through Thursday, 10 am - 8 pm; Friday, 10 am - 5pm; and Saturday, 9 am - 5 pm.
- There is no book drop for after hours book return at the temporary location. Books may be returned to other library locations. Closest libraries are Murphy-Wilmot and Martha Cooper.
- There is a very small collection of materials available for checkout and reserved books may be picked up.
- There are 16 computers and wifi is available.
- The Stay 'n Play group that normally meets at Eckstrom-Columbus will meet at Martha Cooper Library. Please call The Parent Connection at 321-1500 with questions about Stay 'n Play.
- Some regularly-scheduled programming has resumed at this location. Click here to see what's happening at Eckstrom-Columbus Library.
Map to the Temporary Location
Eckstrom-Columbus Library, Pima Community College 29th Street Coalition Center, 4355 E. Calle Aurora
Courtesy Google Maps
About the Eckstrom-Columbus Library Remodel
The remodel of the 35-year-old building will include expansion from the current 11,000 square feet to approximately 16,000 square feet. This expansion, at a projected cost of $1.9 million, will allow for the addition of a second meeting room, more study rooms, and space to accommodate a total of 52 computers. A large portion of the funds to be used for the remodel, $1.7 million, are available due to cost savings from the recent remodel of the Murphy-Wilmot Library.