If you are viewing a long list of search results, you can filter the view to help you find what you really want.
For example, you may want to see only DVDs, or only books by a specific author.
On the left side of the screen is a series of pull-down menus and clickable headings to help you do this. For search results, you can:
- select a specific format (book, eBook, audiobook, DVD, dtc.)
- limit to a specific author
- view only new items
- view currently available items
- see only those items available at a specific library (handy if you want to pick up something immediately)
- restrict your results by topic,content (fiction/nonfiction), form/genre, language, published date, or geographical region
- or, if users added tags to any of the titles, you can filter by these too
After each heading, the number of titles in the search result or shelf is shown, with the highest number of matches first.
► To filter by a heading or tag
- Select from a dropdown list, or click the heading or tag you want to use as a filter. If the heading has more than 5 items, click the More link to see more items, or All to see everything. Particularly long lists will appear in a popup window. The filtered list appears, and the filter criteria are shown at the top of the sidebar.
- You can filter the titles further by selecting additional headings.
- To remove a filter, click its icon at the top of the sidebar. You don’t have to remove them in the order you added them. To get back to your original view, remove all of the filters.