Books on Wheels
Books on Wheels brings books to the homebound and people unable to visit our libraries.
Library volunteers select books for customers, and Pima County Bike Ambassadors deliver the books once a month.
If you would like books delivered to your home and you live near one of these libraries, please contact the librarian:
- Himmel Park Library, Brian Chanecka, 594-5305
- Joel D. Valdez Main Library, Karen Greene, 594-5500
- Murphy-Wilmot Library, Karen Barber, 594-5420
How to Volunteer for Books on Wheels
- To deliver books: Contact Pima County Transportation and ask about becoming a Bike Ambassador
- To select books: Contact one of the librarians listed above.
Books by Mail
Books by Mail delivers large type and audiobooks to people who are visually impaired or who cannot read or use conventionally printed matter due to a physical handicap.
To be eligible:
- You must reside in Pima County.
- Your visual impairment is such that even after correction you are not able to read normal print comfortably for a sustained period of time.
- You are physically unable to come into the Library and there is no one available to go for you.
Call 594-5415 for more information.