1812 - Administrative Specialist
Salary: $17.22 Hourly
Salary Grade: 38
Location: Tucson, AZ
Status: Full Time
Job Number: 2019-00769
Apply by: July 26, 2019 11:59 pm Arizona time
We are looking for a service 'champion' who knows how to go the extra mile for individual customers and strives to deliver personalized, friendly service in every interaction. We encourage you to apply if this aligns with your experience or career goals.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
- Provides general professional administrative services for a department, division, or program (work unit) within Pima County;
- Works with County personnel and/or outside agencies to coordinate programs and projects and monitors activities;
- Coordinates and participates in the provision of internal services such as accounting, payroll, personnel, management information services and/or purchasing;
- Evaluates work unit requirements and recommends new or revised administrative policies and procedures;
- Ensures work unit policies, procedures and activities comply with applicable state/federal statutes and regulations and County policy;
- Creates and maintains databases using automated information systems to monitor and track information and compiles, edits and summarizes data to produce routine, periodic and special reports;
- Prepares standard work unit intergovernmental agreements (IGA), contracts and other obligatory agreements;
- Participates in preparing work unit budgets and monitors expenditures;
- Researches and analyzes data and prepares reports, recommendations, memoranda, letters and various documents;
- May supervise, train and evaluate staff and conduct employee orientation meetings;
- May act as a representative of the work unit in meetings with county personnel and/or outside agencies.
About the Library
The Pima County Public Library system has 26 libraries throughout Pima County, serving 980,000 residents. We reflect and serve a diverse community. We invite you to bring your unique experience to Pima County Public Library.
Our Vision: Our Vision is an educated, connected community of readers, learners, doers, and dreamers.
Our Mission: We transform lives by educating, inspiring, and connecting people.
• Education: We learn and teach every day.
• Excellence: We exceed expectations.
• Freedom: We defend the right to read and to know. We are free and open to all.
• Diversity: We serve everyone. We find strength in celebrating our differences.
• Innovation: We dream big. Anything is possible.
• Community: We work with our community to improve lives.
• Passion: We love what we do.
At the Pima County Public Library we don't just accept difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and respect for our employees. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.