The remodel will include the addition of new shelving to support the Library's ongoing snack program, a renovation of the public restrooms, and relocation of the front desk to support better traffic flow.(Tucson, AZ) Woods Memorial Library, 3455 N. First Ave., will be closed November 14, 2021–January 24, 2022. The library will reopen on Tuesday, January 25, 2022.
A few things customer should note during the closure:
- While the gates will be closed, the drive-up book chute (off of Yavapai Rd.) will be open 24/7 for book returns.
- Any reserves that come in will be available for pick-up as usual after the Library reopens. Customers who wish to retrieve holds sooner can do so by changing the location of their holds by November 6th.
- Pick up locations can be easily changed by visiting the your holds list in your library account and changing the pick-up location.
- While the library is closed, you can make sure your future holds go where you want by updating your one-click holds location (see information below).
- Or, call Infoline at 520-791-4010 for assistance.
During the closure, customers are encouraged to enjoy nearby libraries or take advantage of the E-Library, opens a new window for streaming movies and TV, music, E-Books, and audiobooks, and much more! Nearby libraries include:
- Flowing Wells Library, 1730 W. Wetmore Rd.
- Joel D. Valdez Main Library, 101 N. Stone Ave.
- Himmel Park Library, 1035 N. Treat Ave.
Find all library locations here, opens a new window.
To change your default one-click holds pickup location:
- Log in to your account.
- On the menu, click My Settings.
- On the My Settings page, find the Account Preferences section.
- Your current default pickup location is shown under Holds and Pickup Locations. Click Change to choose a new one.
- Choose a new pickup location from the dropdown list.
- Click Save Changes.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been here for people just like you. Today, in our libraries, online, or out in the community, our dedicated staff and volunteers are always looking ahead to help you find what you’re looking for. Every day, we’re making our mission a reality by educating and connecting people and inspiring ideas.