6105 - Library Associates (Multiple Locations)
Salary: $16.17 Hourly
Salary Grade: 35
Location: Tucson, AZ
Job Type: Variable Time
Job Number: 2019-00782
Apply by August 2, 2019 at 11:59 pm Arizona time.
There are full-time and part-time Library Associate positions with the Pima County Public Library.
Our team members are largely cross trained and ready to work in any part of the Library when the need arises. When you work for the library, your work location assignment is based on the needs of the department. We hire our staff for the entire library system. Working evening and weekend shifts, as assigned, are required. Hours are assigned to best meet the needs of our community. Positions are at multiple locations.
In order to be successful in this role, the Library Associate must:
• have a passion to serve underserved and multi-cultural communities in Pima County of all ages, backgrounds, and socioeconomic status.
• have a willingness to be adaptable and responsive in a rapidly changing work environment (e.g., back-up storytime, job help, scheduling flexibility) and be able to work with frequent interruptions.
• be empathetic and compassionate to help create a positive, high-functioning workplace.
• have interest in planning and presenting programs to children, teens, and adults.
• maintain emotional control under stress.
• have an understanding that their abilities can be developed.
• have the ability to work with others as a team.
• be technologically adept (especially Microsoft Office, digital downloads, apps, tablets, copiers, PC troubleshooting skills) and embrace technological tools in service to our mission and priorities.
• use English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
The library is open and welcoming to all members of our community. We strive to offer outstanding library services. In providing customer service, you may encounter situations that require de-escalation or assistance from a supervisor or person-in-charge. How you handle these interactions is a critical component in helping lead to a successful resolution. Your ability to exercise quick and mature judgment in dealing with potentially disruptive, physically disruptive, physically dangerous or possibly abusive customers and emergencies is crucial.
About the Library
The Pima County Public Library system has 26 libraries throughout Pima County, serving 980,000 residents. We reflect and serve a diverse community. We invite you to bring your unique experience to Pima County Public Library.
Our Vision: Our Vision is an educated, connected community of readers, learners, doers, and dreamers.
Our Mission: We transform lives by educating, inspiring, and connecting people.
• Education: We learn and teach every day.
• Excellence: We exceed expectations.
• Freedom: We defend the right to read and to know. We are free and open to all.
• Diversity: We serve everyone. We find strength in celebrating our differences.
• Innovation: We dream big. Anything is possible.
• Community: We work with our community to improve lives.
• Passion: We love what we do.
At the Pima County Public Library we don't just accept difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and respect for our employees. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.