(TUCSON, Ariz.) – Although libraries are closed until further notice, we’ve worked hard to bring back Infoline, a valued community service. Expert library staff is on hand to answer your questions and help you find accurate and trusted information on a broad range of topics. Library staff can support English and Spanish speaking customers.
Infoline can be reached at (520) 791-4010. Current hours are Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm.
Our professional and courteous staff is here to support you!
- Assist with digital download, streaming services, or any other electronic resource available in our eLibrary.
- Recommend education tools and resources for kids during school closures.
- Find information for small business owners.
- Provide referrals about community resources for food and other basic needs.
- Help find authoritative health information, whether or not related to COVID-19.
- Offer guidance regarding genealogy research.
- Help keep up to date with stock and financial data.
- Locate consumer reports for household items and appliances, electronics, and vehicles.
That’s not all! Librarian Kassy Rodeheaver, who oversees Infoline, says, “We can look into just about anything you can think of. We welcome people to challenge us with their information requests. If we’re unable to find an answer in three minutes, we’ll take down contact information and follow up with a well-researched answer usually within 24 business hours.”
Prefer contacting the Library via email? You can do that, too! Email AskALibrarian@pima.gov.
About Pima County Public Library
For more than 100 years, we’ve been here for people just like you. Today, in our libraries, online, or out in the community, our dedicated staff and volunteers are always looking ahead to help you find what you’re looking for. Every day, we’re making our mission a reality by educating and connecting people and inspiring ideas.