(Tucson, AZ) All Pima County Public Libraries will reopen with limited services on Monday, May 18, at 10 am. There is a lot of information regarding these services, so we've pulled it all together. Our goal is to make visiting the library as seamless as possible. In order to do so, we ask that customers read and understand what we'll be doing to make that happen.
The safety of staff and customers is of the utmost importance.
Please read more about what we’ll be doing, and what we hope you’ll do, to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Due to different circumstances at each library, services may vary slightly. We ask for your flexibility and patience.
PICKING UP HOLDS
Some libraries are offering curbside pickup. When you come to the Library, look for signs in the parking lot if you’d like to have your holds brought out to you.
- This is new to you and to us, and we greatly appreciate your understanding as we fine-tune this service. Be assured, we’re doing everything * we can to make this process as seamless as possible.
- Due to parking, staffing, and building configuration, curbside service will look a little different from library to library.
At some libraries, there will be tables set up for you to grab your holds.
We will have clear signage or staff directing you how to get your holds. We ask that you please follow directions and have patience.
Those picking up holds are asked to quickly come and go.
You will not be able to browse the collection in person for now. Please look for items online from home, place holds, and we will get items ready for you when you visit. To keep the collection as clean as possible and to maintain social distancing, only staff will get items off the shelf.
Items must be returned in the book chute, including Interlibrary loan items. Staff cannot take them for you. No fines will be assessed on items, so please don’t worry about overdue fines.
ENTERING THE LIBRARY
Occupancy will be limited in each building at all times. You will likely have to wait in line to get in. We have limited building capacity to maintain social distancing. There will be designated places for you to wait. We are providing as much shade as we can
- You will have your temperature taken if you need to enter the building. Please wear a face covering, or we will supply one for you.
- Visits will be limited to 30 minutes.
- Parts of the library will be blocked from public use, including the shelves. Customers will not be allowed to browse at their leisure.
- Hanging out, congregating, sitting, reading, and homework tutoring will not be allowed at this time.
- Please do not bring food into the library. You are welcome to bring drinks, but they must be in tightly-lidded containers.
- We want ALL of our customers to be safe, including our young visitors. Please keep the following in mind:
- Children 15 & under must be accompanied by an adult (18 or over)
- No more than 1 child per adult
- The child must remain with the adult at all times
- Children cannot be dropped off at the Library alone
We encourage you to call your library or Infoline before you visit to find out what limitations might be in place at your library.
Libraries have ways for you to pick up holds. Since there is no browsing now, placing holds is the only way to get items.
Many locations will offer limited computer use.
- A limited number of computers will be available.
- Service is offered on a walk-up basis, first come, first served.
- You may have to wait in line.
- Sessions will be limited to 30 minutes maximum, and you will only be able to use one session per day.
The printer/copier/fax machine will be self-service. Visits are limited to 30 minutes. Please plan your visit accordingly.
You can get a library card via phone or email before you come in.
UNAVAILABLE SERVICES AND PROGRAMS
- Dusenberry-River Library is being remodeled and will not open until around the end of June. We will make an announcement as soon as we know the date.
- El Rio Library will not open because the community center is closed until further notice.
- Meeting and study rooms at all libraries will be unavailable.
- There will be no in-person events until a later date.
- We anticipate the Bookmobile resuming service sometime in July.
- We are not taking donations at this time.
- Tax help will not resume until further notice.
We understand this is a lot of information. We sincerely appreciate your attention to these important points regarding limited service.
Please call Infoline at 520-791-4010 if you have any questions.