The Friends of the Kirk-Bear Canyon Library (FKBCL) is a 501C organization dedicated to serving the northeast Tucson branch. The FKBCL mission is to promote awareness of the resources, services, and needs of the library; raise money to improve the library's services and environs; foster closer relations between the library and the community, and encourage volunteerism.
The Friends of Kirk-Bear Canyon Library supports:
- Special programs (instructional, enrichment, crafts, fitness, musical, etc.) for children, teens and adults
- Community groups such as the Book Discussion Group, Bear Canyon Quilters, and Bear Canyon Knitters.
- Interior and exterior improvements such as display facilities and public art
- Recognition of volunteers and staff.
Sources of income for Friends of the Kirk-Bear Canyon library include:
- Earnings from the resale of donated books and media
- Raffles; sale of book bags and donated items
- Donations (tax deductible), memorials, and bequests
- Membership dues
- Funds/grants from community partners.
Become a Friend of the Kirk-Bear Canyon Library
You can join the Friends for as little as $10 per year. [Membership Application]
Board meetings are held the third Friday of every month (excepting summer months) at 10 a.m. in the library meeting room. All members and prospective members are welcome to attend the annual meeting held in October. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Book Discussion Group
Everyone is welcome to attend the book discussion group sponsored by the Friends of the Kirk-Bear Canyon Library. The group meets the fourth Thursday of January-October, and the first Thursday of December. [Book Discussion Group Reading List]