The Friends of Kirk Bear Canyon Library are committed to promoting the resources, services, and needs of the library. Monies raised are used to improve the library's services to the community, foster closer relations between the library and the community, assist in enhancing the library's environs, and encourage volunteerism on behalf of the library.
Become a Friend of the Kirk-Bear Canyon Library
Please send a completed Bear Canyon Friends' Membership Form to:
Friends of the Kirk-Bear Canyon Library
8987 E. Tanque Verde Road, #309A
Tucson, AZ 85749–9399
- Student Membership – $5/year
- Good Friend – $10/year
- Family Friend – $20/year
- Devoted Friend – $50-99/year
- Best Friend – $100+/year
Board meetings are held the third Friday of every month (excepting summer months) at 10 a.m. in the library meeting room. All members and prospective members are welcome to attend the annual meeting held in October.
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Activities & Support
- Supported the expansion of the library in 2005
- Supported the bronze and stone sculpture placed at the main entrance to the library early in 2008
- Promote reading through Summer reading programs, National Children's Book Week, outreach in our neighborhood schools, and sponsorship of a monthly adult book discussion group
- Self serve book sale cart and periodic book sales
- Donate equipment and furniture
- Support guest speakers and programs
- Purchase books to honor individuals, for special projects, and to enhance the library's existing collection of materials
- Support celebrations for volunteers and staff
- Sponsor the Bear Canyon Library monthly book discussion group (4th Thursday of the month)
Book Discussion Group
Everyone is welcome to attend the book discussion group sponsored by the Friends of the Kirk-Bear Canyon Library. The group meets the fourth Thursday of each month. Here is the reading list for the group.