OverDrive will remove the OverDrive app from the Apple App Store, Google Play, and Microsoft Store on February 23, 2022.
After that time, Libby the primary way for you to enjoy your digital materials!
What does this mean for you?
- Current OverDrive app users can continue to use the app.
- New people looking for the OverDrive app will be directed to Libby.
- Anyone can continue to use, borrow, and open titles from your library’s OverDrive website via a browser.
If you haven't tried Libby, now's the perfect time!
Install the app and try it out now. Libby is available for phones and tablets. Want some help getting started? Visit the Libby help pages.
Here are some of the great benefits of Libby:
- Getting started the first time is easy!
- Libby give you a unified bookshelf for all loans and holds.
- In Libby, you can list multiple library cards and keep track of multiple accounts.
- There's help from OverDrive's experts built in to Libby.
- The eBook reader is excellent!
- You'll never miss a notification for ready holds, new magazine issues, and more.
- You can export notes and highlights you make while reading.
- You can use tags to track favorite reads, wish lists, and more.
- Libby is compatible with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- You can use all of our "Extras,” including streaming video from IndieFlix and Qello and educational courses from Universal Class only in Libby!
During this transition, we at the Library are here to help. The best plan is to try Libby now to get ready for the day when the OverDrive app is no longer available.
Have a question? Please send it to us. We'll do our best to find the answer for you.