OverDrive is discontinuing the OverDrive app. Libby is the primary way for you to enjoy your digital materials!
What does this mean for you?
- If you haven't downloaded Libby yet, now's the time. Install the app and try it out now. Libby is available for phones and tablets. The Libby app can also be used in any web browser.
- Anyone can continue to use, borrow, and open titles from the OverDrive website via a browser. The OverDrive website is not affected by this change.
- Are you a Kindle Fire user? You can now download the Libby app onto your Kindle Fire manually.
You can read more about the switch here.
Want some help getting started?
- Visit the Libby help pages, or
- Sign up for the Getting Started with the Libby app by OverDrive free online class! or
- Watch these helpful videos
Here are some of the great benefits of Libby:
- Getting started the first time is easy! Libby walks you through the steps, which are simpler than what you did when you got the OverDrive app.
- Libby give you a unified bookshelf for all loans and holds.
- In Libby, you can list multiple library cards and keep track of multiple accounts.
- There's help from OverDrive's experts built in to Libby.
- The eBook reader is excellent!
- You'll never miss a notification for ready holds, new magazine issues, and more. Notifications are customizable!
- You can export notes and highlights you make while reading.
- You can use tags to track favorite reads, wish lists, and more.
- Libby is compatible with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- You can use all of our "Extras,” including streaming video from IndieFlix and Qello and educational courses from Universal Class only in Libby!
Have a question? Please send it to us. We'll do our best to find the answer for you.