Use your library card to access digital materials 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Please know that we are grateful for your patience as we navigate this issue. We know it's difficult, but we also know how understanding our community is. Thank you.
Infoline and Ask a Librarian are available for limited hours
- You can call Infoline at 520-791-4010 and contact Ask A Librarian through the online form or email during limited hours:
- Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm
Due dates have been extended during the closure
- All due dates for items have been extended.
Items on hold will be here for you after re-opening
- We're keeping everything that was ready for pickup for you until after we re-open.
- You can place holds on materials. We will process the holds at a future date.
Wifi service is on
- We will leave our wifi on from 6 am to 10 pm. Most of the time, people can access our wifi in our parking lots. Please keep in mind that people should not congregate during this time outside the library to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
How to clean library materials
- Want to help out the community? Wipe down library items with rubbing alcohol before you return them after we open. Read more here.
Get Tax Help online
- United Way suggests that people use this free online tax filing program that has human support: getyourrefund.org
A COVID-19 hotline has been set up to answer any questions about testing, symptoms, and any other questions you have about the virus.
Call (520) 626-6016 (local) or 1-844-542-8201 (state) to reach a health care professional.