As of March 20, 9:00 am
Due to concerns about the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), all library locations and book drops are closed until further notice.
Please read this memo from County Administrator, C.H. Huckelberry. We will be providing current information in this blog. We encourage you to check back here.
Pima County is taking steps to protect its residents and community and to help combat the spread of COVID-19. Thank you for your patience during this unprecedented time.
Use your library card to access digital materials 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Please know that we are grateful for your patience as we navigate this issue. We know it's difficult, but we also know how understanding our community is. Thank you.
Infoline and Ask a Librarian are available for limited daily hours
- You can call Infoline (520-791-4010) and contact Ask A Librarian through the online form or email during limited hours:
- Monday - Friday 9-5
- Saturday - 10-5
- Sunday - 1-5
Due dates have been extended during the closure
- All due dates for items have been extended.
Items on hold will be here for you after re-opening
- We're keeping everything that was ready for pickup for you until after we re-open.
Wifi service is on
- We will leave our wifi on, except during the hours of 10 pm to 6 am. Most of the time, people can access our wifi in our parking lots. Please keep in mind that people should not congregate during this time outside the library to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Interlibrary loan service suspended
- Interlibrary loan service has been suspended until further notice.
- We have extended all due dates for these items, so you don't have to return them until we re-open.
How to clean library materials
- We're getting a lot of questions about cleaning library materials. Want to help out the community? Wipe down library items with rubbing alcohol before you return them after we open. Read more here.
Get Tax Help online
- United Way suggests that people use this free online tax filing program that has human support: getyourrefund.org
A COVID-19 hotline has been set up to answer any questions about testing, symptoms, and any other questions you have about the virus.
Call (520) 626-6016 (local) or 1-844-542-8201 (state) to reach a health care professional.