Are you wondering what to do about Thanksgiving this year? Pima County Health Department has recommendations for you.
- Celebrate only with people who live in your household, or host a virtual dinner for friends and family.
- Watch sports, parades, and movies from home.
- Shop online rather than in person on the day after Thanksgiving or the following Monday.
If people are coming over:
- Avoid sharing utensils, cups, plates, and food.
- Select one person to serve the meal, or have pre-filled plates ready.
- Limit tables to one for each household.
- Open windows or doors, weather permitting, to allow air to flow.
- Keep a guest list. It could help with contact tracing.
If you're going out:
- Travel only with other members of your household.
- Bring extra sanitizer, alcohol wipes, and extra masks when visiting pumpkin patches or orchards where people touch pumpkins or pick apples.
- Prepare traditional family recipes for family and neighbors, especially those at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19, and deliver them in a no-contact manner.