2020 is a watershed year. It offers us two major opportunities to take part in defining the future of our community through the 2020 US Census, and the 2020 elections. To help our community understand how to safely and easily take part in these activities, the Virtual Volunteering team is launching a new volunteer opportunity: the 2020 Civic Engagement Challenge!
This opportunity is currently open to Pima County Youth aged 14-18.
Participants will earn volunteer hours for the time they spend on the Civic Engagement Challenge, and a Certificate of Achievement for completing the Challenge!
To complete the Challenge, you will need to follow these steps:
- Apply to be a volunteer with the Pima County Public Library by filling out this form. Note: if you have already applied to volunteer virtually, no need to fill out the form again.
- Attend one training on the US Census and Arizona Voting Procedures: Thursday, September 17 from 4 to 5 pm or Tuesday, September 15 from 4 to 5 pm, opens a new window.
- Discuss what you have learned with 5 friends and/or family members, and document your conversations on the tracking sheet we'll provide you.
- Submit a written or recorded reflection on their experience in this challenge, with the chance to be featured as part of KQUED’s Let’s Talk about Election 2020 Project, opens a new window.
- Celebrate and receive your certificate!
Questions? Contact Amelia Marsh: firstname.lastname@example.org.