Kids, tweens, and teens, what are your plans for this summer? Are you interested in sports? Performing arts? Computer programming? Science? Do you need to catch up on some academic skills to get ready for the next school year?
There are many organizations in the Tucson area that offer low-cost or free summer programs for youth this summer. It’s never too early to begin looking into fun and educational summer programs!
You might start with these guides listing a variety of summer opportunities for youth:
- TucsonTopia’s list of sports-, dance-, and activity-themed camps (ages 4-18)
- Tucson 2022 Summer Camp Guide (lists camps with a variety of themes, from coding to astronomy to theater)
And here is a selection of the museums, clubs, schools, and other organizations hosting youth programs in the Tucson area during Summer 2022:
- YMCA’s AZ on Track Free Summer Camp (ages 5-12; new for 2022!)
- Tucson Village Farm’s Summer Camps (ages 5-18; includes a variety of farming-themed programs and even a surf camp)
- Summer Camps at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum (Grade 1 through high school, including Mountain Explorers on Mount Lemmon)
- Summer Art Camp at the Tucson Museum of Art (art classes for ages 5-13)
- The Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures One-Week Camps (1/2-day sessions for ages 6-12)
- Tucson Unified School District’s Community School Programs (Grades K-5; updated for 2022)
- Amphitheater School District’s Amp Up summer programs (kindergarten through high school)