Here are some lists and sites that provide information on where and how to get low-cost internet access and computers.
- Find low-cost internet and affordable computers in your area. They work to connect people living in the United States to low-cost home internet service, affordable computers and tablets, and digital literacy training.
- Cox is offering $19.99 and $9.99 service plans.
- Comcast is offering two months free for low income families.
- If you are trying to get connected to the internet right away, several national providers have opened up their low-income internet programs, allowing you to receive free connectivity for up to two months if you qualify.
- This is a good rundown of places you can get low-cost internet, with a couple of short-term free options.
- Another list of places you can get low-cost internet. This one was updated on April 20 and has some different information than on AllConnect.
- Created before the pandemic, this has a video summing up the written information it provides.
- Until further notice, all Xfinity WiFi Public Hotspots are now open to everyone on the “xfinitywifi” SSID. Public hotspots can be found in small/medium businesses and outdoors in commercial areas. Non-Xfinity subscribers need to accept Terms and Conditions to access the network and repeat when requested to continue to receive free unlimited access. Please refer to the map below for available public hotspots.
Computers: Local Resources
- Provides low-cost computers and iOS devices. Special discounted pricing is available for Arizonans with disabilities who also receive specific federal or state public assistance benefits.
- RISE Equipment Recycling Center offers office equipment and furniture at reduced price to non-profit organizations, their clients, and low-income families and their children.
Fee-based Public Computer Access
- FedEx Office Centers have public computer access. The cost is 39 cents a minute for basic Office suite, and 49 cents a minute for computers equipped with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Location: 2607 E Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85716 US
- Monday Closed
- Tuesday 9:00 AM–6:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM–6:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM–6:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM–6:00 PM
- Saturday 10:00 AM–6:00 PM
- Sunday Closed
- Offers low cost tech and internet access, among other things. Due to high demand, they are out of stock on certain items.
- Using donations, this organizations helps charitable programs get access to equipment.
- Offers free computers to qualifying K-12 students. They collaborate with existing computer access centers, education institutions, businesses, and donors to offer computers to disadvantaged youth.
- Donated computers are provided back to the community at or around $100.
- Offers discounted laptops for K-12 and College students.
- Computers for low-Income families, seniors, veterans, and students on financial aid.