You have awesome stories to share and the library wants to help!
This year, as part of our Summer Learning Program, the Library is happy to announce the launch of Story Sketches.
Kids, ages 5 to 18, are invited to send us stories up to 500 words long and the Library may post it on our PCPL Kids YouTube page for everyone to see! If you want, you can express your inner artist and illustrate the story as well. If not, our library artists will create pictures to go with your fantastic tale.
If you want to send us your story:
- You must be between the ages of 5-18 to submit a story.
- Your story must be 500 words or less.
- You can illustrate your story! Illustrations must be submitted on the Story Sketches form. We have two versions - horizontal (landscape format)opens a new window and vertical (portrait format)opens a new window. Please pick the one that works for you.
- A maximum of 8 illustrations are allowed per story.
- Send in a media release form signed by your parent or we can't use your story.
- Stories with inappropriate content will not be posted.
How to submit:
Email story, illustrations, and media release form to firstname.lastname@example.org OR turn in at any library branch
How we will share your story:
Three stories will be randomly selected each week to be posted to PCPL youtube storysketches channel.
While you're working on your masterpiece, take a minute to check out these previously published stories...
- If you need a moment of heartwarming silliness with raisins and lasagna, watch Cat vs Pug.
- If you need a story about perseverance and cooperation, we suggest The Flee of Demus and Kika.
- If you want to hear a sweet story about cooking and comfort food, Kimchijeon Cooking is a great choice.
- Or, if you want a story with Sonoran Desert animals, The Three Little Woodpeckers and the Big Bad Bobcat fits the bill!
We look forward to seeing your stories and displaying your masterpieces on YouTube!
Last but not least, a huge shout out to Kirk-Bear Canyon Library's Megan H. for her masterful illustrations and Elaina B. for her incredibly entertaining narration!