Grab-N-Go Activity Kits are now available at your local library!
What does this mean for you and the lil’ ones in your life? FUN, FUN, FUN!
Whether it’s going on a desert scavenger hunt, designing a paper glider, or freeze dancing, these kits will not only entertain, but provide great STREAM (science, technology, reading, engineering, art, and math) learning opportunities. Teach your kids to incorporate creative physical activity (not just squats and jumping jacks!) and encourage a love of science with simple and easy-to-do experiments.
We’ll also be working with community partners as we create the Grab-N-Go activities. For example, Pima County Parks and Recreation will be providing us with Nature-to-Go kits to be handed out to families once a month in addition to the other weekly kits created by your friends at the Library!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Grab-N-Go Activity Kits will be available at all libraries while supplies last, and can be picked up during open hours curbside or inside at libraries allowing entrance.
- Each kit will come with a template describing the activity, needed supplies, ideas to “mix it up,” and brain builder tips.
- A different kit will be available at the start of each week until the end of the school year.
- Can’t make it to a library to pick one up? Don’t worry! They’ll be featured on our website, opens a new window in English and Spanish every Monday for everyone to access.
Grab-N-Go Activity Kits are part of the Library’s new Learn at Home suite of services, opens a new window. Check out our Learn at Home page on the library’s website and you’ll find all kids of information and resources to support your family and your child’s learning.
Here are just a few of the great things we’ve got just for you:
- Free online tutoring from Brainfuse, opens a new window for students from kindergarten through college available in English and in Spanish
- Free e-book and audiobook resources, including Tumble Book Library, opens a new window, the Make Way for Books App, opens a new window, and more!
- Access to free online resources, opens a new window for finding information and ideas for research projects and homework
- Book lists created by our very own library staff, opens a new window for kids and teens on a variety of topics and interests