The Pima County Public Library Virtual Teen Volunteering Program is seeking youth artists (age 14-18) to create bookmarks for distribution at our 27 library branches.
Artists will have the opportunity to create bookmark designs, which will be professionally printed and used to advertise library services to create feelings of positivity and community between library patrons all over Pima County!
Artists will be expected to attend a series of meetings, where they will receive instructions from the lead Graphic Designer for the Pima County Public Library about the project’s design brief and formatting required for professionally printed bookmarks. In addition, they will learn from local artist Catherine Eyde, opens a new window about the process of becoming a working artist who, in the past, has helped design PCPL bookmarks. Participants will gain volunteer hours and hands-on artistic experience working for a large client.
Please note that you must attend the following Zoom meetings and meet the deadlines in order to have your artwork printed on bookmarks.
- Introductory Meeting – Wednesday, March 3rd, 4:00–5:00pm
- Guest Speaker: Local Artist Catherine Eyde – Wednesday, March 10th, 4:00–5:00pm
- Project Consultation with Renee Bibby on March 17th
- First Draft Due on March 31st
- 20-minute Consultation on First Draft – Between March 31st and April 14th
- Final Draft Due April 28th
- Wrap Up Meeting – Wednesday, April 28th, 4:00–5:00pm
To join this program, please fill out the Teen Volunteer Application, opens a new window.
One of our librarians will contact you with Zoom information for our introductory meeting!