The licensing requirements vary from business to business, and some businesses are licensed by multiple levels of government.
Locally, that might be the City of Tucson, Pima County, and the State of Arizona.
Note: you will need your Federal EIN to register.
City of Tucson
You need a City of Tucson Business License if…
- Your business is located inside the city limits of Tucson.
- You are a construction contractor working inside the city limits of Tucson.
- You have a commercial rental inside the city limits of Tucson.
You may need a City of Tucson Business License if…
- Your business is outside the city limits of Tucson, but you come
into the city limits of Tucson to conduct your business.
- Your business is a direct marketing company, and you remit the sales tax
for your sales representatives in the city limits of Tucson.
- You will be remitting use tax on behalf of your customers
located in the city limits of Tucson.
City of Tucson online registration form: How do I apply for a business license?
Business License and Tax InformationDo you need more information? This page includes a step-by step guide [pdf] for getting a City of Tucson business or occupational license. In addition, this site features links to online forms, tax information brochures, and a listing of upcoming seminars.
Who else has registered a business with the City of Tucson?
Business license listings are available for download; they are updated every week.
The Pima County Health Department oversees food and pool certification, including mobile food establishments, catering and limited food, temporary food services.
State of Arizona
State of Arizona Licensing Requirements
Not all businesses are required to have a State of Arizona license, and some businesses are required to have more than one license. Start here to identify occupations and professions licensed or certified by the state of Arizona.