Hello, aspiring writers!
Sign up now for writing workshops in July, each Saturday at 11:00am starting on July 10th.
Teen writers in Pop: Write On will participate in 45-minute workshops with 15-minute question and answer conversations.
Audience: Teens (ages 14-18)
This series of writing workshops will help build confidence in your own thinking and writing by inviting you to:
- Practice effective, positive communication
- Try out skills that support your expressive arts superpower
- Most importantly—have fun!
Submit your application on the Pop: Write On webpage.
Award winning author Marge Pellegrino facilitates the workshops. About Marge:
- Marge leads writers of all ages in workshops that invite them to think in new ways and discover their own voices.
- Marge facilitated and coordinated programing for the Owl & Panther Project for 20 years, until 2018. The program was a finalist in the 2015 Out-of-School Time Awards of Excellence by the Arizona Center for Afterschool Excellence. Owl & Panther was also a finalist in the National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Award in the spring of 2016.
- Marge developed and facilitated the Word Journeys program at the Pima County Public Library for twelve years. The program was a finalist for the President’s Committee on the Arts and Humanities’ Coming Up Taller Award for excellence in afterschool programming in 2007, and won that distinction in 2008.
- Marge’s work with KARE Center and Owl & Panther resulted in comics published by The Comic Book Project Tucson I Am a Super Hero edition, which touched on foster care and refugee flight respectively.
- As a teaching artist, Marge has been nominated for the Tucson Pima Arts Council’s Lumie Award 2008, Governor’s Award 2009 and named Local Hero by the Tucson Weekly, December, 2006, and was a Juried member of the Arizona Commission on the Arts Artist Roster, 1998-2014.