Services for the Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Interpreters are available with advanced notice for library programs and storytimes. Contact the library manager at least three days in advance of the library program.
- Text telephone (TDD/TTY) at Main Library, (520) 594-5531. Library staff will respond to requests for information about library activities and services and provide answers to information questions.
- Staff with sign language capabilities are available in some libraries. Please check with the library for availability.
- Closed caption videos can be searched in the library catalog. Use Subject search video recordings for the hearing impaired to see a list.
- Assistive listening devices (meeting rooms with listening systems) at Joel D.Valdez Main Library, Murphy-Wilmot, and Woods Memorial branches. Check with library for more details.
The library endeavors to make all of its services, programs, facilities, and employment opportunities available to, accessible for, and usable by qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Arizonans with Disabilities Act, and applicable regulations under these acts. If you require ADA accommodation, please contact the library/branch manager prior to the program.