Renewing and Returning
How many times can I renew?
Most items can be renewed four times, if no one else has reserved the item. If there is a waiting list on an item, it cannot be renewed.
- Express Items cannot be renewed.
- Materials renew for 3 weeks from the date you renew.
How do I renew?
You can renew online or by phone. See instructions below.
You may not renew if any the following conditions apply:
- There is a hold on the item for another customer.
- The item has already been renewed four times.
- You owe fines of $5.00 or more on your library card (your account is blocked).
- You have reported your card lost or stolen (your account is blocked).
- Your card has expired (your account is blocked).
- There is information in the account that requires updating (your account is blocked).
If your account is blocked or your items are overdue, call or visit any Pima County Public Library during regular business hours or call the Public Overdues and Line at 594-5646 (between 8 am-2 pm weekdays).
- Login to My Account.
- Click the Checked Out Items button. The items you have checked out will be listed.
- Check the box next to the title(s) you want to renew.
- Click the Renew Selected Items button.
- If you want to renew everything, click the Renew All button.
- Immediately check your list for the note RENEWED in the status column. Items are not renewed if a different note (OVERDUE, TOO MANY RENEWALS, ON HOLD) is displayed.
Renew by Phone
You will need the 14-digit library card number of the person who checked out the items or the barcode numbers of items you want to renew. Barcodes are on the date due slip.
Dial (520) 791-4010. Hours of operation:
- Monday-Wednesday: 9 am-8 pm
- Thursday: 9 am-6 pm
- Friday: 9 am-5 pm
- Saturday: 10 am-5 pm
- Sunday: 1-5 pm
Items can be renewed at any time online. See instructions above.
Where can I return items?
You can return items to any branch in the Pima County Public Library system or through any book chute. Here are all of our locations.
My books seem to renew themselves multiple times.
When using My Account, please do not use the "Back" button on your browser. When you do, your browser "resends" information to the system, and may renew items multiple times. While inside My Account, please use the buttons and links on the screen.
In addition, if you have a "bookmark" or "favorite" to the My Account page, make sure it is set to open https://librarycatalog.pima.gov/patroninfo which is the login screen. Do not bookmark the page after you login.