Summer Reading for Kids • May 22 — July 19
Summer Reading + libraries = FUN!
Science is everywhere. What do you wonder about? What do you want to explore? When you mix Summer Reading with libraries and science, anything is possible!
Fizz Boom Read! is for children in preschool through Grade 6. And there are plenty of activities for babies and toddlers, too.
Fizz Boom Read!1.Pick up your Fizz Boom Read! handout at your library between May 22 and July 18 to track your daily reading. Your goal is 20 minutes each day. Find your nearest library.
2.Come to summer events. You'll be awed by astronomy, have a blast with biology and discover fun with physics.
3.Summer Reading is online too. You can participate online to track your reading.
4.Check out our recommended reads.
Visit the Library Often
- May 22 is the official start! Sign up at your library anytime between May 22 and July 18.
- Beginning June 2 receive a free book (while supplies last).
- Beginning June 9 pick up your Field Guide. The Field Guide includes coupons and activity sheets that will expand your summer fun.
- Beginning June 23 collect your Zoo Celebration invitation.
- Saturday July 19 is the Fizz Boom Read! Zoo Celebration.